Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego Martinez

Altimeter Setting

Guest Diego Martinez

Hicannot find the answer in the forum so here it goes. I keep getting the annoying message from FS9 that the altimeter is not configured correctly. I set the transition level to the area I am flying (which normally is 7000 feet) hit exe etc. When passing the transition altitude I switch to std but I do not get the 29.92. It stays the same untill the 18000 feet (the US transition altitude) where I can go to std. In the meantime I keep getting the message from FS9What am I doing wrong? Cannot figure it out and know there is a simple answer*:-* Thks Diego

Guest afcn

Hello DiegoIn my opinion there is no solution to that, as FS9 works only with the US transition altitude, thus the Flying Tips will always come up with this notice. You will encounter that as well if you fly e.g. in Europe; Microsoft ATC will give you altimeter settings until you pass 18000ft.My advice: Disable them altogether ;) (can be done in the realism menu, if I am not mistaken)Kind regards,Nik

Guest Diego Martinez

thk a milliondiego