Sign in to follow this  
plowry

Goflight & 737NG

Short question: If I buy the Goflight throttle should I now have any difficulty configuring it (throttles,spoiler,and flaps)for the 737? From what I have read here there seems to have been some problems.Peter.

My GoFlight throttle works fine with the 737. It's the 747 that has a few issues with the spoilers and flaps, although the throttles work fine.

Okay. Thanks very much. I find the spoilers and flaps do not work with the CH throttle axis but hope to overcome that with GoFlight.Peter.

Peter,I use the CH throttle with both 737 & 747 no problem - only thing I did have to use was a registered version of FSUIPC to calibrate the axis for reverse thrust.Mike

That is interesting Mike. My throttles work fine calibrated with FSUIPC, but I have never been able to get the flap or spoiler axis to work for the 737 at all. What's the secret?Peter.

I, too, have the flaps working with FSUIPC, though I'm having problems with the spoilers deploying automatically. I just assign the lever to flaps on the axis assignment page. I didn't even have to calibrate them, they worked just fine. On my system though, I needed to check the reverse box in FSUIPC.Spoilers function if I deploy them manually. Need some help with these so they deploy on touchdown.Jim

I've had no problems with the 737 - all configured using GFConfig.Am not using the throttle for flaps or spoilers with the 747. I suppose I could use FSUIPC - will have to try that sometime.Mike, you mentioned using FSUIPC to configure the reverse thrust with the 747. How do you mean? Again, I just used GFConfig to assign the reversers, but have run into problems where not all the reversers will properly engage.

Sorry to have not thought out my answer as I'm using CH's throttle quadrant, not GoFlight. Ignore my previous post.Jim

Hi,The way I do it (seems to work ok) with the CH Throttle is:1 - calibrate normally through windows.2 - assign axes in fs through the Controls Assignments/Joystick Axes option, Joystick Type CH Throttle Quad USB, assigning Eng 1 Throttle = Y Axis, Eng 2 Throttle = Z Axis, Eng 3 Throttle = Z Rotation, Eng 4 Throttle = Y Rotation, Flaps Axis = X Rotation REVERSED, Spoiler = X Axis REVERSED.3 - Go into FSUPIC (registered version) on the Joystick Calibration tab select 3 of 11 Seperate throttles per engine. Reset throttle 1 and set ch throttle 1 to your reverse position (I have it after the detent) click the Reverse Column Set button for thr 1. Move the lever to your detent position and click the Idle button twice to set the 2 idle positions. Move the lever to full forward and click the Max button. Repeat for each lever.You should now have it configured so that when the 4 levers are closest to you they are in reverse, at the detent should be at idle and furthest away should be max thrust.Sometimes I have found FS doesnt like to keep the settings on assignments so you may have to recheck each assignment, you may also need to have a look at the sensitivities and dead zones.Cant remember having to do anything specific for flaps and spoilers except Reverse them in assignments and check the dead zones / senstivities....Hope that helpsMike

Encouraged by your comments Mike, I managed to configure the 737 quadrant for spoilers, throttles, and flaps. All work just fine. One odd thing though: I cannot arm the spoilers with the quadrant leaver. I can move it to ARM but the panel light does not come on and the spoilers do not deploy on touchdown. I have to deploy them manually. They do work automatically if I "grab and drag" the leaver on the screen to the ARM position. Any suggestions about that?Peter.

Hi,Just checked - all works ok for me...You say you do not get the ARM message (I did when I moved it) so I wonder if the sensitivity needs adjusting or you did not get it quite in the correct position, I do vaguely remember something with the 737 and having to get the lever in a specific postion - anyone else remember this or did I imagine it???CheersMike

Guest BAW347

Followed this thread with interest.The spoilers need very careful calibation when using the axis lever on CH Throttle quadrant. However although I can place the spoliers in the armed position via the CH axis lever they will never automatically deploy on landing. If I use the mouse and place the onscreen lever into the armed position - they will then deploy on landing. Most of the time I manually deploy on touch down together with reverse thrust.Martin Plain

Hi,Just done a quick search on this issue within this forum and it is the case that there was an issue with the setting of the spoilers but it also seems as though there may also be an issue when you have your throttles on the CH TQ at idle but they are actually still reading with a little thrust therefore the spoilers wont activate. Can you try setting the 2 idle positions in FSUIPC a bit above and below your actual idle position so that when the lever is in the idle position on the throttle it is within the upper and lower idle positions in FSUIPC - if that makes sense?? :-hmmm Slightly off topic, Martin that looks a very nice setup - hows it run? Any pics? Similar setup to what I was considering for my next upgrade...CheersMike

Guest BAW347

MikeHave actually set a dual idle positions for the throttles and there does not appear to be any residual thrust. Reverse thrust works well.Attached is a pic of the setup. There are 3 networked PC's. One has the six monitors through two matrox modules and is the Fsim. The two other PC's input VATSIM/ServInfo plus ActiveSky for weather.The scenery is Cloud 9's Amsterdam and the aircraft of course is PMDG B738. I only use the 2D panels and you can probably see that the two FMC's are displayed plus radios and throttle quadrant with the overhead panel above.The display in full scren mode is horizontally spanned across the two matrox modules giving a combined resolution of 3840x3072. Antialiasing is at 4 and Anisotropic at 8.The only issue with using Matrox is that runway/approach/aircraft lights look oddly large. This is easily fixed by downloading new set of lights from Surclaro and a slight edit to the FS9.cfg file.Thanks for your interest.Martin