Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Hibernation and pmdg 737 will it work?

Can i hibernate my system and resume my flight exactly the way it was when i get back to my pc. Since i can't save my flight!Thanks guys!

Guest mruane

HiI did this by accident last weekend. I run FS on a notebook and after playing around with the docking station I accidently disconnected the power cable without realising it. After the battery discharged it automatically hibernated.After resuming, there was a short period where it looked like it was not going to fully restore. I was in full screen mode at the time it hibernated, so it was really awkward i.e. blank screen and looking for all the world like it was going to crash the PC. It finally came back to a normal state and I could resume the flight. If you hibernate in Windowed mode I suspect that it would be much more stable.

Hi there,I have tried this once. Never tried it again. I assume though, that if you have enough memory, it will be more likely to actually succeed. My PC had 1 GB of RAM that time...Cheers,

Guest mruane

I think the resource need for hibernation is disk space rather than memory. So provided you have the disk for the hibernation file (ie hiberfil.sys usually in the root of C) you should be fine. The bigger worry is initialisation of the video card. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 and it seemed to accept restoration from hibernation others may not.PS I hibernated 1GB also.

It works here. Just be sure to test the input devices, after restoring, if they are USB . If they don't work just unplug and plug them again.Jos