Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crostino75

Petition mail to PMDG Staff

Guest Crostino75

Dear PMDG Staff,we are an italian group of eleven enthusiastic and happy PMDG's 737 users.We write this mail, in petition form, because we'd like subject to your attention our wish list about 737'simprovments, always keeping in mind the limits of FS2004.We remember to you that we really love your products, first of all the 737!!! And our main goal is to improve this plane as the best as possible.Probably, we hope, a day we will see developed all our requests, and for this, we thanks you since now!Wish List:1) main 2D panel light:first 737 version was too light; not it's too dark.Is it possible to create an "half way" lighting system?Sometime it's hard to see gear level position.Sometime it's hard to see AP DISENGAGE button position, too.The only work-around is push monitor's contrast/brightnessbuttons... but for the others applications? Monitor becomes too "boom" for eyes. The main problem is the AP DISENGAGE button because it is,in 2D panel, with any "spylight" and during night operationsit's, practically, impossibile to see.2) CDU:can You develop & publish all functions promises(still development...) on CDU's manual, such as IRSsistem?3) HUD:can You add an HUD window?4) Internal views (2D & 3D):Can you revise the internal views?Some photoreal shoot's will be the best for us.5) Around plane "life":On model, can you add some nice features like push-back truck,baggage truck, catering truck and refuelling truck?6) After Overhead:can you add a fully work aft OH?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112060.jpg7) ACARS:can you add a fully work ACARS?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112059.jpg8) Side central pedestal GPWS:Can you add these GPWS selectors and Engines selectors?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112058.jpg9) Central pedestal:Can you add a fully work central pedestal?(Now, some instruments are represents but no works)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112061.jpgThanks for you attention, we are waiting for news.Best RegardsEmanuele BettinazziLuca GigliSergio MelisCristian CassinaStefano DemontisStefano OttavianLuigiClaudio FerruGiovanniMichele MascoloRoberto Badalamenti

Gentlemen-thank you so much for your well-written post.Even though there are no planned upcoming updates for the 737NG at the moment (as we're fully concentrating on the 747-400 and MD-11 projects) we are always keeping an eye out for feedback.When the time comes to further consider our future projects, we will let everyone know on our web site!Again, thanks for taking the time to write in our forum!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest GeoffC

I would have thought with such a comprehensive list of requests that you would have at least asked that it could actually fly with 100+ friends on board.I'm sure if you all send contractually binding requests to PMDG offering to pay

Guest hlm65

I would like to add: working failures scenarios...If possibile,obviously and when the 744 is realeased and running...

Guest cw1011

First, let me say this post is not meant to disparage the orginal team in Italy. I simply don't share their obvious enthusiasm for ultra-realism. That's all. Now, with disclaimers made, I have to say that my enjoyment of the 737NG has not been in any way diminshed by the lack of these elements. I don't use the plane as a trainer for real life ops, so full system fidelity is meaningless to me and I won't pay extra for it. The current level is fine - my enjoyment of the baby boeing is mostly being derived from hand flying this aircraft whenever possible, using the flight director, AT and FMS system. This for me is the real benefit of the highly automated glass cockpit. You don't have to pause every few minutes to re-set the nav radios, OBS etc - something that would be done by the PNF in real life. Doing that well is challenge enough for me, especially in rough weather and when following tricky STARS.My desire for realism has its limits. I find the workload, especially in climb-out and approach already almost too much for one person. Let's remember it is a two crew aircraft in real life and not licensed for single pilot operation. I doubt many of us have convinced our significant others to co-pilot for us in our virtual travels around the world. I know that suggesting such a thing to my significant other would lead to much eye rolling and perhaps a suggestion I seek professional help and possibly medication. In particular, I have no desire to sit around for fifteen minutes waiting for the IRS to spin up and stabilize. I'm also not sure what benefit modeling ACARS would provide. Doesn't that system simply transmit data sets of weather and aircraft location/parameter information for operater maintenance and weather forecasting? I'm sure there must be an initialization screen in the FMS - but beyond that, what's the point of providing this other than to simply say that you did it. PMDG's quality in flight and vital systems modeling is strong enough that they need not worry about, pardon my vulgarity, pissing contests with other vendor about modelling every last rivet, button and knob. I would urge PMDG to continue concentrating its efforts on increasing its stable of aircraft developed at the two levels of system fidelity already established. I use MSFS as a flight simulator, not a systems trainer. I doubt I'm alone in this. I enjoy both the Boeing and the Beechcraft just as they are. Just my opinion.Colin

Guest Lobaeux4

Normally I don't post a reply to things like this, but this time I had to.A well-written request (heck it even had pics with it) by a group of individuals, who English is not their first language, for items that would go, IMHO, above and beyond what I purchased when I bought the PMDG NG set. Of course, I'd love to see all that they requested made available, shoot, I would probably even pay another $5 for an update with these things, BUT!! the thing that made the biggest impact on me, was the response, from the developer!!Most requests for items to be added after a product is released is met with cynicism, or disparaging comments, or statements like "THERE WILL BE NO UPDATE, EVER" that sort of thing. PMDG did not do that, it was a nice response saying in essence, 'maybe, we're busy with the 747 and MD-11, but after they're finished, who knows?'I APPLAUD PMDG ON THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICE, and if nothing else, this simple thread has reaffirmed my opinion that PMDG is second to none in flight sim development and support.

Ditto what Joe G. said.

Eric 

Guest voron

Awesome post, but this might not happen, no offence to PMDG, awesome product but I feel with ya guys that its little incomplete. But for 40 bucks its good, if u are into real ultimate 737 give a try to these guys they do reproduce 737 pretty close to real one. here is their linkhttp://www.arianedesign.com/catalogue.asp?Have fun-------------Voron

>ultimate 737 give a try to these guys they do reproduce 737>pretty close to real one. Voron,Please do not misinform these nice Italian gentlemen (their requests are well presented and argued but probably not realistic at the moment). Whether Ariane's 737 is the "ultimate" one - they can certainly browse this and other forums and quickly find out what the overwhelming consesus on this matter is. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Voron,The Ariane design, although reputed to be better is a bit OTT pricewise. Wouldn't you agree?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest EDCS

I think this Forum is not the best place to discus Ariane.At this time only the second step of the NG is out. If PMDG nothing changed, at the moment the BBJ as last step is missing. So sit down and wait.BSStefan

Guest Erups

Hum...My 2d night panel is perfectly visible, and i'm italian too...So what? :(Instead of all these things (acars, photoreal panels, (useless) weather radar panel) i would rather prefer a complete failure system implemented and more functions on the FMC.But it looks like there is no real intention to keep up this thing (the NG)...To my dismay i may add :(>My desire for realism has its limits. I find the workload,>especially in climb-out and approach already almost too much>for one person. Let's remember it is a two crew aircraft in>real life and not licensed for single pilot operation. I>doubt many of us have convinced our significant others to>co-pilot for us in our virtual travels around the world. I>know that suggesting such a thing to my significant other>would lead to much eye rolling and perhaps a suggestion I seek>professional help and possibly medication. The fact that you don't feel the need for these, does not mean everybody feel so, and the fact you feel the need to bother your significant other to help you out does not mean everybody has the same need: i, for one, have learned my procedures so much, that i could pretty much takeoff and land blinded.I don't understand why you have to answer a feature request post, saying the request is futile.Let the people requesting decide what is futile or usefull for their experience, in the end the NG already starts totally ready for flight.>In particular, I have no desire to sit around for fifteen>minutes waiting for the IRS to spin up and stabilize.Again, just as it is now, the NG finishes loading in a totally ready state.Do you need anything else?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

In my humble opinion, the gentlemen want a fully functional simulator, and that's asking too much. However, there is a factor here... I feel that although on the NG there's systems that work, it's not nearly as hard to get the NG going than, say, a 767 going (not sure if that's how it is in real life though). I don't have to set up packs, I don't have to basically do anything except set up the FMC... Just start FS, turn off the engines, hook up external (even that's optional), then just turn on the engines during pushback. It's odd, because I still prefer the NG over the 767... It's just that on the 767 there's this factor that if you forget something it'll let you know about it in some way... It's hard to describe, but one just feels more immersive than the other.So anyways, I think the requests above are too much, but I do think an update to the systems to make them more interdependent and functional would be nice. However, I am sure the 747 will have much better systems (and pretty much everything). I just hope some of the innovations can somehow make it back to the NG.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Traffic

Please excuse my ignorance and the off-topic question, but a BBJ keeps coming up in posts.Can someone tell me the difference between a 737NG and a BBJ? I've seen both up close and the cockpit looks identical, and so does the exterior. The only difference is the cabin and performance. As in it has a long range of 6100-7100nm.Why would PMDG be developing a whole new aircraft in the form of a BBJ?