Sign in to follow this  

NEED HELP WITH SOUND FILES???

I DOWNLOADED SOME FILES FROM AVSIM ,AS ALWAYS I PUT THE SOUND FILES IN THE SOUND FOLDER.I PUT THE PANELS AND TEXTURES IN THIER FOLDERS. NOW WHEN I GO TO THAT SPECIFIC A/CTHERE IS NO SOUND !!!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG???? PLEASE HELP AND THANKS FOR THE REPLIES JEFF AKINS

Hi.Be careful not to confuse those sound files you download that are destined for the particular aircraft's sound folder, and those which should go in the main FS2002SOUND folder. Files like AIRCON.WAV, SWITCH.WAV, by way of example, are usually meant to go in the main folder.If you're familiar with Windows Explorer, open it and go to C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT GAMESFS 2002AIRCRAFT. Explore that folder, find your aircraft, and check that there are four folders within its own folder, which should be MODEL, PANEL, TEXTURE and SOUND. It's the SOUND folder you want to ensure is there and is correctly 'aliased' or contains its own files.Note that uploaders often screw up, and leave an 'alias' in an aircraft sound file that relates to a plane on their own hard drive, but one that you might not have. Several of the POSKY uploads have this problem. Check the folders (PANEL too) and make sure that what's in there references something you have in your own hangar.Hope this helps - as always, this is in haste!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Thanks for your help! Mark Jeff Akins:-newbie