Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego Martinez

joystick

Guest Diego Martinez

Hi friendsI have the 737 600/700 for the last 3 months and have never used a joystick. Fly AP and manual as well as FMC or pure vor flying. I have finally decided to buy one and reading this forum encountered a number of issues with calibrationThen my ? for you is if you have any speciall recos as of which to buy that will get the joystick to have few issuesThksDiegoXP SP2P4 @2.8DX9CRADEON 9600 2561G

>I have finally decided to buy one and reading this forum>encountered a number of issues with calibrationDo you already have one or thinking of buying one?? It is not clear from your above statments. There are really no issues witnh calibration provided one does it deliberately and not in 10 seconds.I recommend inexpensive but very good, well made Saitek joysticks with twist stick for rudder control.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

The logitech digital series are also very nice considering they cost only about 30 bucks. However, you do need to recalibrate every couple of days and they will last no more than one year for FS2004 purposes since they wear down and get "loose" and you get jerkier moves form wear and tear. What I definetely do not recommed is force feedback joysticks. They're a pain and give you no feel of the aircraft whatsoever.regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest frankathl

Hi Michael,Since you recommend Saitek, I was wondering if you've ever tried the Saitek X45 Throttle and Stick Combo? This was my first encounter with Saitek's(until fairly recently) top of the range flight control hardware, and I was extremely disappointed with the feel of the joystick, which is unacceptably 'sticky', making smooth pitch movements very difficult to execute(throttle is fine, by the way). Saitek's joystick cannot compare, IMO, with the silky smooth movements(by comparison) of the Microsoft Sidewinder Pro, which uses digital optical technology to translate movement in each axis. Sadly, Microsoft no longer support this fine product.BR,Frank

>Hi Michael,>Since you recommend Saitek, I was wondering if you've ever>tried the Saitek X45 Throttle and Stick Combo?Hi Frank, no I never tried X45 or the family.I like using Saitek Cyborg 3D (may be now available under a different name) because it offers configuration for left-hand stick and right-hand throttle (I dislike all other joysticks because of their "military" configuration). Throttle is very precise with long throw.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest frankathl

Okay, thanks, Michael.Does anyone else have comments on the Saitek X45?BR,Frank

Diego,If you are serious about flying airliners I would recommend you to get a yoke and some pedals! It is such a difference to having a joystick. Even if I miss the latter when flying LOMAC! :-)The CH yoke and pedals are considered to be a good low/mid price-range solution. http://www.chproducts.com/retail_flash/index.htmlHope it helps,

Guest aarskringspier

If the CH yoke and pedals are the low to mid-range product, and Im not disputing if they are or are not Im new to the sim scene, what are considered the top notch yoke and pedal system?

Guest Diego Martinez

Yes...I am thinking more and more about the yoke and pedals and I was doing some browsing on the page you sent me before...I think it will be the way to goThks everyone for the commentsDiego