Sign in to follow this  
Guest EC0101

b1900c paintkit

Guest EC0101

is it out yet? nope. ok. just checking.

Guest EC0101

just checked...not today.

LOL,yep wondering the same thing myself, was thinking of buying it again, silly me.Out of curiousity, I wish someone with PMDG would comment or point us to a post as to why a paintkit isn't released when the product is, makes no sense to me. I know it's probably a small thing to many, but it has kept me from buying this product as I have no desire to fly any of the provided liveries. oh well.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest EC0101

dude...i was the same way! I was counting down the "discount price" days...and finally broke down and bought it without a paintkit.so far...i've sat in it once. yet to fly it.i've asked the same question about paintkit releases with aircraft on several forums. and only one replied saying the paintkit they use are different than the one they release.doesn't make much sense to me. but oh well...here we sit and wait.just checked again...no paintkit yet.

Paul,A LOT of work goes into creating base textures for kits. The 737 paintkits weren't the same as used internally for a few different reasons.I'm sure PMDG will release a proper kit for the 1900C like they did for the 1900D - just give it some time. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Thanks for the info John. I would think you would need the paintkit to make the liveries that come with the initial d/l.Actually the fact that the paintkit for the D version took so long to comeout is another reason why I decided not to purchase this time around.I own a bit of payware and fly regularly for a VA and I am in charge of all our repaints, so when an aircraft comes out that we plan to use, the FIRST thing I do is paint it in our colors. Seeing as my time is limited and I know that being a payware release eventually there will be a paintkit, it's not efficient to take the time to piece parts together from existing liveries to make my own paintkit (what I did for the D version and then the kit came out), hence the concern.Maybe for future releases having the paintkit done might be a thought before a release, just a thoughtRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest EC0101

so you're telling me, that i could check the downloads section for the next 30 days...and there still won't be a paintkit.well...to put it plainly: that sucks.POSKY came out with their 767 v4 paintkit like a week after their release. How is it that a team of "professionals" can't do it in a month?Think about it, POSKY isn't getting paid to do it. They're doing it for the love of FS. You would think that with any monetary benefit, you would be motivated to "do your job". As that is what you're being paid to do. I would think it would be just a good sales/marketing policy to release the paintkit with the bird. But what should i know? I'm just a consumer.If this gets out of hand, next thing you'll know, the panels won't be released with the aircraft. That'll be released a month later.I guess I'll stop checking their site every day.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

As far as I can see, Mr. Paul, there is absolutely NO guarantee of a paintkit on the PMDG site. As a matter of fact, I don't believe you even have a guarantee that says you have to recieve one EVER. ####, if PMDG wanted, they could prohibit that you even make your own and release paints.So, Mr. Paul, I believe PMDG is being quite generous by extending the COURTESY of even proposing to give you a paintkit. So instead of being whiny and rubbing it in their face that they're charging you A WHOLE FIFTEEN BUCKS for a plane (let it be stated that just the cost of electricity to run the computers to produce this plane was likely higher than that) they're somehow obligated or even expected to give you a paintkit, be happy that they're giving you one. It's a courtesy, they're doing you a favor. Appreciate it.Really, know your rights, but also recognize when you're being given something you're not entitled to. Knowing PMDG, it'll come eventually. And if not, it's not rocket science to clean up a mostly white paint and paint over that.DISCLAIMER: I am in no way speaking for PMDG, this is my (somewhat uninformed) point of view.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I'm sure they are concerned about more important things (fixing bugs, working on other projects, etc) than to release a paintkit right away. If you can't enjoy an airplane and fly in any other livery paint then you really have some weird issues.

Guest EC0101

on their b1900c product page (and i quote):"Add-on Liveries and paintkit are available from the PMDG download library. All liveries are installed with a simple click of your mouse and available for free from our file library."So this is either false advertising or a failure to hold up their end of the product issued, as i've already paid for it, and in their little verbiage, it doesn't say "coming soon" or "soon available".

Guest Daniel Pimentel

False advertising? You don't have to sign in to get them. There's no purchase necessary to get the paintkits and paints. They're given to you for free, sir. So the paintkit is not what you're paying for.So quote on, but you're still wrong. :)I could download the paintkit without buying the plane, so that's evidently not part of the product you licensed with your purchase.Daniel Pimentel.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest EC0101

I will quote on...this time, in the PMDG b1900D paintkit EULA Section 1, subsection L..cause there is no paintkit for the 1900C. :+ And if you download the paintkit without first purchasing the aircraft, you just got fined no less than $25,000 USD.