Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

FS2006 PREVIEW?!

Guest alexhn

exactly. but if you look at the previews of this exact software, and ie the videos available at the link you provided, they look nothing like the video i originally provided (with the exception of a similarity between fog constructions etc.)this was confirmed when i read in another forum that microsoft had bought the engine and used it for the next fs. only speculation though.

When and if (very likely but nothing's certain yet) a new FS version is previewed wouldn't you think Microsoft themselves will do so?Unless and until Microsoft provide information I consider anything told or shown by anyone to be a hoax or wishful thinking and not based in anything on facts.

What's interesting about that CAE demo is that it's running on a Radeon 8500 - just goes to show what efficient coding for a particular piece of hardware can do - that looks so much smoother than FS9 even on the best video card availiable today.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Unless I found another video it doesn't show much of anything.Only the first few seconds of the video showed any scenery (or in fact anything moving except some gauge graphics) and I've no indication that part is of the actual program itself or created in a 3D rendering application to have a nice leader.In fact, I suspect the latter to be the case as the application is a PC based airliner systems simulator and the leader shows a businessjet :)Systems simulators also typically have less interest in scenery (except maybe directly around airports to allow visual feedback during practice approaches) making such investment in scenery visuals highly unlikely.I do like their desktop 320 cockpit though.

Guest cfso1633

It can't be FS2006, obviously it's a demo from CAE system that makes professional flight simulators...Also another evidence, do you think M$ would make an airbus? No way! I think Boeing does sponsor the FS team so they won't make any airbuses...

Guest FattyBear

Why do people keep bringing this site up? Yes we have seen it, no it's not FS2006. I think the big "CAE" logo gives it away, but some people don't believe.

Because it keeps getting plugged in the rumour mills as being a secret leaked preview of FS2006 and there's still people that haven't heard of it being a hoax :)

Microsoft has a contract with Boeing obviously. After all Jep is a Boeing company and Jep provides the navigation and weather data for Microsoft, plus Boeing has given approval to use their trademarks in the product for the aircraft names and models.I don't know what money is involved and whether that could be called sponsorship.

Guest canyonblue737

>What's interesting about that CAE demo is that it's running>on a Radeon 8500 - just goes to show what efficient coding for>a particular piece of hardware can do - that looks so much>smoother than FS9 even on the best video card availiable>today.yeah but as with any software for real airline sims, like Level D machines, it is likely that avionics are run by one computer, aerodymamics another, weather yet another, and finally one for graphics only. MSFS has to do everything on one single computer and that is the problem, not just efficent coding.