Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM9000

Does the 800/900 addon upgrade the 600/700?

Guest DLM9000

I read and read, and I could not find these answers.I am preparing to purchase the PMDG 737NG. I have been getting my money's worth out of a few other aircraft, but No I am ready to buy this one.Is the 800/900 a stand alone product?If I get the 600/700 and the 800/900, will the cockpit (panel) graphics of the 600/700 be updated to the nicer graphics of the 800/900? I will probably get the B1900D while I am there. Can't beat the price.Thanks for the help. I have been reading the manuals all day and I am looking forward to getting started.Dennis

Dennis,Yes, the 800/900 updates the 600/700. It changes the panel graphics, adds various options, TCAS and other items. As well as model updates to bring the VC into line with the 800/900.The download version of the 800/900 is NOT stand alone, the CD version is though.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest DLM9000

Thanks for your quick reply. I am off to buy them both now. On a similar note, will the B1900C update the graphics in the 1900D?Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

OK, Thanks, I bought the B1900C, for some local instrument flying.I got the 737-600/700/800/900 tonight. I was able to complete an IFR flight using the FMC, by starting with the engines running. I have some head work to do in the manual for the preflights.I completed the flight with a hand flown short final and landing, centerline. Landed at KORF ILS 5 approach, Drone 1 Arrival, ISO Transition. She flys great. This product lives up to the hipe.Dennis

Guest alant

In the same general line as this question...are the downloaded 600/700 and cd-version 800/900 compatible...I downloaded the upgrade for the 600/700 and tried to install it.I wasn't able as I was told that I needed the cd-version for the 600/700 as well...I'm not interested in paying for another version of an aircraft that I've already paid for... before I can upgrade the older 600/700 model. My 600/700 is the latest version upgraded to 1.3 Hope my wording isn't coming across wrong. I'm merely trying to upgrade the panel/cockpit on my 737-600/700 but the download that is supposed to do this doesn't or can't perform the u/g. Would appreciate some info on this please as I've searched this forum and can't find anything on this subject.Thanks.