Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdg

PMDG support - No answer from my emails

Guest bdg

Hi GuysBought the 1900C on March 30 and have not yet been able to get a successful download. I have been busy as my parents have moved into our home from Albuquerque to the Seattle area and I have been busy with the move. The download (5 times) would get to 99% and stop. Eventually the file handle was closed and attempting to open it resulted in a corrupt file. I had this happen occassionally in the past but it was very rare. I checked my security settings and all is where it should be. I can download zips all day from avsim etc with no problem. Does anyone know what causes this? I decided to add winzip trial as a last resort for .zip association but of course my download link expired quite awhile ago. Anyway I have sent 3 emails to PMDG support but they are either backlogged or maybe they have bigger things to deal with. I would really like totry out the plane.. of course. Any help would be appreciated.RegardsBob Ginn

Bob-We clear out the entire inbound email que every day....Sometimes twice....If you haven't received a reply- it probably is an indication that your spam filter is killing our reply- OR our spam filter is killing your inbound email. (If you are using an email account that comes from a forwarded domain, unregistered domain, or other types of tricks often used by spammers- that can happen.)If you are winding up with a corruption problem during thedownload, it is nearly always related to:1) Your windows SP2 firewall.2) Your aftermarket firewall....It is not uncommon for someone to look at their settings and say, "well- it's working- and i can dowload from xyx.com so it must be okay."When dealing with a server such as ours- we fingerprint files on transmission- and this means that sometimes firewalls create a conflict with the security portion of the transmission. This normally leads to exactly the type of problem you describe...I've sent you a renewed download link- you can try that and see how it goes. I do not know what security scheme you are using- but our recommendations, as described in the download confirmation- are pretty well tested. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest bdg

Ok I give upThe file size is 31.6 MB (33,194,092 bytes)the file size on disk is (33,198,080 bytes)I scanned the file and it reports 2 files.Winzip cannot open neither can xp compressed folders.This is the 10th download attempt. Is there anyway you can point me to an exe. I dont care the size at this point.I shut off all firewalls and set browser settings to low.Not sure what else to do. Bob

Hmmm Bob,I think it is supposed to be a selfextracting exe file when you download it. Have you tried to change the extension to .exe and run it from there?Hope it helps,

It's my turn to support PMDG. I recently had a problem with the 1900C CTD on every flight. After only the one email exchange PMDG re-set the download on the basis that a file may have been corrupted. It was all done quickly and efficiently and now my Air Labrador B1900 is flying me across ice and snow(reminding me of a happy visit that I made to Newfoundland), all the while I am sitting at home in warm Australia.Macca22au

Hi Robert,I am still having a problem with getting a resolution to the fact I had to buy the 737NG a second time in order to get it running again. This was because I could get no responce from anyone. I have no problem sending or receiving E-Mail to or from any one else. And I don't have a unique address, it is prodigy.net.I finally got an E-Mail through to Paul and he said he was forwarding it to you and thought I would get an answer back by last weekend. So far no answer. I contacted him again two days ago and have not heard anything.I sure would like to get this resolved. I have bought everything you have had to offer since back in the Fly days and have never had a problem but am sure getting frustrated now.Tom

Tom,I suspect he had the same trouble I had in that you didn't get my replies from the Precisionmanuals.com email address. I ended up sending you a reply from my personal account to get through. I will send him another note.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg