Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Guest Knikolaes

Boaz -- you took every word out of me mouth. I raise my glass to you in agreeance :-)Chris

Seeing I started this I should attempt to conclude the string. My initial note was a plea. Remember we didn't start this,PMDG did. They announced the 747, 'coming soon', and then posted screenshots in November. After which all further inquiries have been met with "be a good boy" and "all things come to those who wait". Sounds like my grandmother wagging a finger at me, after letting me see and smell the cookies that she had baked.I understand the complexity of the task and it is my small guess that it has turned out more difficult than predicted. But I sure couldn't run a business based on not knowing when my product would be launched (so I could plan my cashflow), and being unintentionally tough on the customers who will be needed to buy the product. There is no more meaningless statement to a customer than, "You should understand that....." So my commitment stands, I'll buy the desktop model with the Queen, and not before.Bring it on.Macca22au

>a 747-400 costs about 10 times the price of a 737NG. Nope, not 10 times. Please review list prices of these aircraft and come back with number much closer to reality.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Nickio

I totally agree with BOAZ,I have been seeing "Comming soon" sign for way too long. Comming eventually should be the promo for PMDG, because there is nothing more that I want than 747, meanwhile whenever i check the site there is always something else happening but the 747!! Let's see, first there was the MD-11, which is cool, but my first question was, what about 747?? then there was the rebirth of the 737 during xmas, and ofcourse the b1900C. I am not saying its a bad addon, but what about the "comming soon" 747? Then the 747 came.. well, on a nice shiny stand, which you can only look at so much. So really, what about the 747, lets get some news on that? I know programming, and the hardest part is at the end, but we would really like to know something, or atleast the features that have been accomplished so far. As for me, I dont know if I'm going to buy it, I personally like LDS767 and the new PSS stuff thats comming out seems to be promising. PMDG Has set a standard for FS addons, but IMHO it has set an example of what the customers dont want to see interms of customer relations. Im not saying you should give us everything, but you can think of a system better than once in 6 months. I will forever appreciate what PMDG has done, and I really wish the 747 came out Soon, whether I'll buy it or not, it will give the whole FS industry a good push in the right direction.Again, thats my opinion, but I seem to share it with a couple of other people. thanks,Nick

PMDG,Basically, it all comes down to the following : If you want customers to buy your product, you have to keep them in the loop.I do rememember the posting from rsrandazzo from mid march, stating that their would be a preview real soon. My impression at that time was that we would see it within a week. Now we are again a month further down the road, knowing nothing more than we did six months ago... But then again all FS software companies do this, even LDS is as a paranoid about 'leaking' information.No offense, but their is more openess in the Vatican then in the Flight sim community !

People keep on complaining that it is taking too long. So what if PMDG released it tomorrow, and it was full of uncompleted parts and many bugs.. Then people would say that the product was incomplete and they should have done a better job.. I for one am getting sick of coming to this forum and constantly seeing post after post like this! (and Im sure Im not the only one!)I can do other things and fly other aircraft while we wait for this aircraft, but it seems some will die soon if they dont see it. Why dont you go outside and enjoy the sunshine for a while. I know I will get blasted for this post, but I honestly believe all that I have stated.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

>People keep on complaining that it is taking too long. So>what if PMDG released it tomorrow, and it was full of>uncompleted parts and many bugs.. Then people would say that>the product was incomplete and they should have done a better>job.. Ryan,Your are missing the point here. It is not about immediate release and so on, it is about letting your customers in the dark. Is it not possible to inform your customers more then once every six months ? And saying you will preview and then not showing, adds to our and my frustration.

Gents-relax please. It's being developed with a very determined pace. It's the most complex project that we've ever assumed, and hopefully this complexity will show in the end result. There are features in the aircraft that have never before seen the light of day, so we need to make certain that we develop in a methodical manner.If everyone wants "more pictures, more pictures", we might as well hire a marketing manager, and then charge a lot more for the end product to cover for his salary (now would you all like that? - I AM JUST JOKING).This subject has been brought up time and time again, serving no real significant purpose, other than to vent people's frustrations. We hear you, and be assured - we ALSO want the product out YESTERDAY. However, it won't happen until it's ready (or we say it is, anyway) :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest CS-THV

Boy... The same old thing.

Guest Knikolaes

Woah . . . wow . . . . . K look at the bright side, folks. PLENTY of freeware addons out there to keep you busy in the meantime to appease your needs. POSKY has a killer 747 for 2-D models I think.Yes I am VERY anxious for PMDG's great 747 to come out, but hey -- also anxious for the PSS 757 and 777 as well. Drooling over all three, but in the meantime -- with the exception of the 757 -- we have the other two aircraft with VC's in our sims already and many folks on AVSIM have published great guage upgrades for the default models.I CAN see where people come from with the "coming soon" being up for -- say -- half a year -- but then again to tell you the truth when it comes to software development I dont pay attention to signs like that. I just monitor the little bits and pieces and put it together in my head.It's so bloody obvious PRECISELY where the 747 is -- all you have to do is look. Piece together the screenshots, the announcements made by the team and developers as well as the chronological order of all the updates, as well as read back in the threads for annoucements that HAVE been made (I have found more than plenty to read) and it's obvious this baby is still probably a couple months out at LEAST.One can also understand one's dedication to one aircraft, but then that loops back to alternative addons. Between -- oh I forgot his name but one guy made an AWESOME soundset for all variations of the 747 engine series -- available on AVSIM. Threw in a couple of other nice downloads like the improved flight dynamics and a few nice upgrade guages and what do I have? A 747 to fly when i am in a 747 mood.Considering the awesome quality that comes with the product, I am glad they wait till they are sure about it before they release it. Not like other commercial developers that fold under the pressure of forum thread slike this, toss out the product and end up making users even more mad by the lines of patches that come out afterward.Take LDS for instance. GREAT GREAT 767 model. I fly it a few hours each day. I love it. BUT . . . . basicly people romped on LDS to release it and finally -- they did -- but it was missing some things. Now (and I HAVE compared names in their forum) the SAME people who before were hounding for the initial release are complaining for the patch to come out and actually some of them posted some rather disappointing explitives as to the quality of the product -- one quoted "Why did you release a product without finishing it?" -- the same user, whos name I will not mention -- had posted precisely 5 weeks before the release saying "What's taking so long? Just release it" (in simpler words).I see the same thing happening here.I for one and so proud of PMDG for the amopunt of AC they released completed and I saw maybe -- oh -- what? One or two patches needed in 5 addons? And they werent even needed patches. They were just little bits for enhancement. All of ym PMDG products worked great before and after the patches both. So does the LDS 767 **shrugs**I am tired -- just worked a graveyard shift so I am probably rambling on -- but I hope I am rambling with a point because really it's our money and PMDG is working to keep our business by not releasing something until it is complete for sure -- beyond a reasonable doubt. I have the cash saved -- if PSS comes out with the 777 or 757 first -- I spend it there first -- still happy. Eventually, though, PMDG WILL be getting my business for that 747, because I know and recognize just how much time and effort is going into this project. It is VERY obvious by the screenshots and posts.K well, off my soapbox and off to bed with me. Night all. Be safe.OH and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont think this was a "gripe thread" -- I just wanted to express a personal view I saw in this thread, but i assure you I am not trying to put anyone on any side down in any way. Just trying to make a point from my eyes.We all share the same virtual skies -- a community -- and proud of it. Keep to the skies -- ever onward. . . . .**head falls on yoke**Zzzzzzzzzz **snore**

Guest flight78

Hi ! well i think that PMDG should take away the coming soon thing cuz its not coming soon its been saying that for like 1 year now if not more. Ah well its very obvious these guys work with this on their free time. I mean seriously if they were working on it full time it shouldnt take this long. Microsoft released a hole new flightsim within 2 years. This is one 1 aircraft. I love complexity for aircrafts just guess i had to vent my feelings some so dont take this the wrong way.Also while iam at it. The 744 hasnt enterd beta yet :( so in my estimation the 744 will be earliest released in June. But thats only gona happend if they release the aircraft for beta this month. Considering the beta takes atleast 1 month maybe more. So iam not holding my breath at all with this.Best regards: Alexander

Lefteris,Again you are missing the point. We just want some information. And saying you will do something soon, and doing nothing adds to the frustration. Keeps us in the loop, not in the dark ! All I/we ask is a little update from time to time, with concrete information.

Thomas ET AL,LK isn't missing the point. PMDG understand that their (loyal) customer base is after updated information on progress and screenshots. However time and time again it has also been explained that if one person is to stop what they are working on to spend time taking screenshots and updating the website and posting updates we will all get questions on why it is taking so long.I am sure that PMDG will post some updated information when they feel it is time. There have been some great add on releases of late and this will be the next in a distinguished line up.