Sign in to follow this  
Guest dabbink

AIRAC Database Loading Lockups

Guest dabbink

I have been using the 737NG and 800-900 aircraft for over a year and suddenly they will not load! I updated windows with their service packs last night, and now when I try to load the PMDG aircraft, the sim locks up. It displays the AIRAC Database Loading message, but the information never loads and the sim locks. This happens when I load the aircraft after starting the sim using the Cessna (I use the FSCREW2 program and this is the required method to start that program). If I try to load the aircraft from the create a flight screen, it loads the AIRAC info, but crashes to the desktop when I click fly now. Any ideas? I don't want to have to repay for a programs I already bought in order to reinstall.

Guest frankathl

I know this is of no help, but scenarios like yours is what has kept me from loading SP2 all this time, even though I am currently having to endure the invasion of the StartPage-DU.dll Trojan(cleaned by my virus checker, of course). I will be interested to hear what recommendations you receive, as I would be relieved to have that particular security hole plugged.Hope your problem gets sorted soon.BR,Frank

Guest tmetzinger

>I know this is of no help, but scenarios like yours is what>has kept me from loading SP2 all this time, even though I am>currently having to endure the invasion of the>StartPage-DU.dll Trojan(cleaned by my virus checker, of>course). I will be interested to hear what recommendations you>receive, as I would be relieved to have that particular>security hole plugged.>>Hope your problem gets sorted soon.>>BR,>FrankI have SP2 and all is well on XP Pro. Just a data point - when I fly FS9 I use FS Autostart (available on Avsim) to shut down all the unwanted services (including the virus scan) - my cable router provides sufficient firewalling for me so I have the windows firewall off all the time.

SP2 has nothing to do with it. The idea that SP2 will ruin your Windows installation is a fable launched by conspiracy theorists and anti-Microsoft zealots (probably aided by more than a few virus writers).Many of the people like you who refuse to install SP2 quickly come back accusing Microsoft of refusing to fix security holes in Windows...

Guest aarskringspier

I runs SP2 on XP Pro and zero problems, PMDG runs smooth as butter. Its got to be something else, what is running in the background at the time?

Guest frankathl

Thanks a lot, Tim. Good to know SP2 is not a problem!I've heard about Ken Salter's FS Autostart. I will definitely check it out.BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Thanks, Randy. Looks like it's time for me to load up SP2, then?By the way, do you know if a System Restore offers a way out IF there are problems?BR,Frank

During installation SP2 makes a backup of the current configuration. SP2 can be removed from the 'Add/Remove' programs of control panel. I have installed SP2 on several PC's without hitch, good luck!Stephen Cooke

Guest frankathl

"The idea that SP2 will ruin your Windows installation is a fable launched by conspiracy theorists and anti-Microsoft zealots (probably aided by more than a few virus writers)."I'm gonna ignore your above suggestion, since it's obviously wild speculation on your part. Personally, I bear no such animus against Microsoft; it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to do so, given the usefulness and pleasure I derive from many of their products."Many of the people like you who refuse to install SP2 quickly come back accusing Microsoft of refusing to fix security holes in Windows..."More unfounded accusations, Jeroen! I've neither quickly nor slowly come back to accuse Microsoft of anything. My post simply reported what I've been doing up to now. I find the replies by Tim and Randy reassuring, and will probably install SP2 in the near future.BR,FrankPS May I ask how you pronounce your surname, Jeroen? If it is with a "V" sound, that would be most appropriate, as you seem to do a lot of it on these forums! :-)

Guest frankathl

dabbink(? Sign your name, please!), I apologise for hijacking your post! I hope new replies deal with your problem rather than mine.BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Thank you, Stephen. Will do!BR,Frank