Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

spoilers in position but do NOT deploy on touch down??

Guest meyomyx

Joe do a search on this topic - loads of threads.Probably a throttle issue - if the program doesn't see throttle at idle (properly at idle without jitter), they won't deploy.Cheers

Yup. Searched a long time back and the concensus seems to be that on the -800 and -900 it's unreliable (on the PMDG version that is). One person reports it working all the time, a lot of persons report it's hit and miss at best.

Guest kame

Hi,Look my posts in the topic "How can I more easily operate the speed brake?"Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest RichR4

I reply to this because I have found that the spoilers will deploy on touch down normally if I do nothing. I do not arm the spoilers during approach, but I do ensure the throttle is closed. This is confirmed by observing the playback function of the approach and landing. Selecting and observing the throttle quandrant during the landing also shows the speedbrake handle going back to the spoilers up position. When power is applied to taxi, the spoilers retract as they should. This is not a one time observation, but is standard practice for me and it works every time.Arming the spoilers during approach with green armed light illuminated results in no spoiler action at all after touchdown. In flight the "/" key deploys the speedbrake and Shift "/" retracts the speedbrake. I can't see how my FS9 and PMDG can be different from others, for me to have these results.RichR

IOW, if you do as you should and arm the spoilers they don't work but if you don't arm them they work as if they were armed?Reverse logic... Will give it a try, but very very weird and doesn't sound like it should work that way.

Guest meyomyx

Using the remarkable technology of cut and paste, I'll obviate the need for you to even visit the website.ITEM 006: SPOILERS FAIL TO ARM Write Up: Cannot seem to ARM spoilers.Maintenance Response: Best practice to arm spoilers is to open 2D Throttle Console and move the handle to the ARM position by click/dragging with the mouse. This should cause the ARM light to illuminate on the main panel. (Note: Due to logic controls we have added in order to simulate spoilerons/flight spoilers/ground spoilers it is not possible to arm the spoilers using the SHIFT+/ key.). Recommended Pre-Flight Action: No current recommendation.Recommended In-Flight Action: Arm the spoilers from the 2D Throttle Console by dragging the handle with the mouse. Be certain to move it only one position to match the ARM index line.Related Open Write-Ups: 007, 008ETA for fix: None. ITEM 007: SPOILERS FAIL TO DEPLOY ON LANDING Write Up: Spoilers failed to deploy upon touchdown even though they were armed.Maintenance Response: Best practice to ensure that you touch down with the power at IDLE **AND** the joystick throttle position at IDLE. In order to facilitate a Rejected Landing we have included microswitch logic to retract the spoilers in the event the thrust above idle in order to facilitate rapid acceleration for a rejected landing. If the Autothrottle is allowed to command thrust above neutral after touchdown **AND/OR** the joystick throttle position is out of the idle detent, the spoilers will assume a rejected landing is being commanded and remain in the retracted position. Recommended Pre-Flight Action: None.Recommended In-Flight Action: Touchdown at idle thrust with joystick throttle at idle, or immediately assume idle thrust. If necessary to land with power, spoilers can be deployed be pull joystick to idle and selecting reverse thrust.Related Open Write-Ups: 006, 008ETA for fix: None. ITEM 008: UNABLE TO CONTROL SPOILERS EFFECTIVELY Write Up: Not receiving expected response from spoiler control inputs when using key assignments or assigning a joystick axis to the spoilers.Maintenance Response: FS9 has hopelessly broken spoiler logic. The latent spoiler logic within MSFS is highly unrealistic. In order to model the three spoiler mechnanisms (spoilerons/flight spoilers/ground spoilers) we have added a significant amount of logic that over-rides the latent MSFS controller. Sometimes this works well, and sometimes it does not. We are finding that it depends mostly on how the user interfaces with the spoilers- and while we will continue to refine this logic in order to make it behave seamlessly, we have some "best practices" for crews in the meantime.Recommended Pre-Flight Action: None.Recommended In-Flight Action: Arm the spoilers only in the 2D Throttle panel but using the mouse to drag the spoiler handle to the ARM position. From this point, you can use the "/" key to deploy and stow the spoilers if you wish. (You can also deploy the spoilers from the DOWN position using the "." key at any time.) Not that when you stow the spoilers using the "/" key, they will return to their previous position (either DOWN or ARM.) For spoiler functionality on landing, please read item 007 above.Related Open Write-Ups: 006, 007ETA for fix: Better routines are being examined. If better routines are found they will be implemented.

yes, and none of that works (well, 008 works but that's manual deployment which isn't what we're talking about, we're talking about autospoilers not working)... When landing with spoilers NOT armed, they deploy on touchdown.When landing with spoilers armed, nothing happens.This is contrary to the expected (and correct) behaviour.

And indeed it works, and reliably so.Don't arm the spoilers and they deploy, arm them and nothing happens.Repeatable.

I believe the -800 was released about a year ago. There has been mention of this problem for that long, and nothing has happened that has led to the problem being fixed in the current production version.From that I conclude that there is likely no intention of fixing it.

Guest Erups

>I believe the -800 was released about a year ago. There has>been mention of this problem for that long, and nothing has>happened that has led to the problem being fixed in the>current production version.>>From that I conclude that there is likely no intention of>fixing it.There are two very annoying problems affecting the NG systems: the spoiler deployment and VNAV path malfunctioning.Both well known and both never taken seriously i'm afraid.And there are many minor things i too am keen to overlook: malfunction operation totally inexistent (the ones present do work totally randomly), fuel system function and indications weird, pressurization system indications not precise, and many other minor things that have been pointed in many threads through the NG's lifespan, but have never been taken into account.Not to say when things pointed out were incinerated together with the poster culprit of dissacration in the name of "this is a game and not a L-D sim" by both members of the team and users/readers of the forum.The worse thing i've noticed since patch 1 is that the NG was considered (by the development team) a finished and nearly-perfect product, meaning nothing would have ever been done to it.I think this kind of attitude is negative to say the least.I used to post a lot on this forum as i enjoyed the NG so much, but i was driven away by this rude attitude expressed by many and by the semi-total lack of contact from the developers.Yes now they are busy developing the QOS but it has been more or less always the same: support was taken care mainly by forum readers like me.I wish they could learn from HifiSim: they too are busy developing a new application, but they don't leave the forum on his own, rather the contrary.