Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ben Hoffman

SID/STAR update not working

Guest Ben Hoffman

Gang;I recently installed the PMDG 737NG 6/700 and updated the AIRAC cycle to 0504 and installed Terry Yingling's terminal procedures for 0504 from his website.The included procedure for LSZH works perfectly but all the other procedures from Terrys website don't work, I get an FMC error and no SID/STARS/IAPs or runways show.I've tried - completly uninstalled and removed from the registry - reinstalled using 0502 cycle and PMDG 0502 procedures - didnt work, used 0504 procedures and cycle - didn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled again - used 0504 cycle with 0502 procedures, no luck - unistalled So nothing is working!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Help, please! It's working for other people but not me, why???

Guest meyomyx

Are you sure you're letting the AIRAC installer install to the right place? From memory it's the root FS9 directory - and the SIDSTARS need to go in PMDG/SIDSTARS.Just a thought - from your description it looks like it cannot find the files it's looking for?Try removing the procedures and putting just one file in - see whether the FMC finds it.

Guest Ben Hoffman

the AIRAC is installing in the fs9/fmcwp folder and the procedures in /pmdg/sidstars - still no luck! GRR

Guest meyomyx

FS9/FMCWP/NAVDATA i hope

Guest meyomyx

Have they ever worked? When you initially installed?Are you happy with the operation of the FMC - when you say the procedures "don't work", at what point don't they work?

Guest Ben Hoffman

I have everything installed correctly and have tried completly removing the PMDG and reinstalling with the 0502 cycle and procedures which didn't work.I then removed it agin, and reinstalled with the 0504 cycle and procedures and that also didnt workNo SIDS/STARS or IAPs are showing and when I set my position or enter dep/arrival airports I get FMC errors

Ben,Show us a screenshot of both the folders %FS_root%PMDGSIDSTARS and %FS_root%FMCWPNavdata.Also what error do you get? And on what airports? It seems you have mismatching AIRAC and SIDSTARS as you get an error when loading your dep or arr airport. ANd that in turn is why you can't see any procedures on your DEP/ARR page.You may also find some help reading Terry's explanation on procedure files and navaid files in the pinned topic "".Hope it helps,

Guest Ben Hoffman
1.jpg2.jpgI get errors when loading any airport with SID/STAR/IAP except say Megis KCGX which has none. They vary, and can be in FIX, TRANSITION, or APPROACHES

Ben,Have you tried rev 3 of 05-04? There were errors in the earlier version.Jim Harnes

Guest gremel

Are you running FS2002 instead of FS9 ??Regards,jack

Guest Ben Hoffman

Yes using rev 3 of 0504 as FS2002

Guest meyomyx

So you've downloaded and installed;The current AIRAC cycle from; www.navdata.atThe current DAFIF file from;http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/html/pmdg.htmlThe current all in one SIDSTAR file from; www.navdata.atThe former installed using the installer and specifying your DEFAULT FS2002 directory - the latter two into ...PMDG/SIDSTARS