Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400 Update 17APR05: The Virtual Cockpit

Guest PH-SAF

>Maurice,>>What that means is that the texture sizes, while still in>great detail, are smaller and will mean faster framerates on>your system then the ones that result from the 737.>>I hope this helps. My "technical" wording may not be>accurate, but that is as best as I can explain it in simple>terms **smiles** Take care.>Thanks for the answer!Maurice

Guest glenlee

Well, I suppose this is supposed to give us something to grind our teeth on while we continue our patient wait!!!!As it looks so good and seems to be promising everything I don't mind hangin on a couple more weeks...months...please not years though?Lookin good, hope you have a big vault to store your cash in!!Glen

Guest samrec

>Might add this is the first VC that doesn't have this nagging>'cardboard' feel to it. ;-)>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2Don't know you but I own all their previous release models 737s and beechcraft and let me tell you all their VC rocks.With this addition and the upcoming MD11 to the fleet, I'm sure we gonna have plenty to do with them. I can hardly wait for the Queen to be given to us. I promise to keep her from crashing on any runway.

Guest samrec

>Well, I suppose this is supposed to give us something to>grind our teeth on while we continue our patient wait!!!!>>As it looks so good and seems to be promising everything I>don't mind hangin on a couple more weeks...months...please not>years though?>>Lookin good, hope you have a big vault to store your cash>in!!>GlenI've been griding my teeth for months now. I believe since october last year. I hope that the reveal of the VC is a sign that they are finally getting to near to the completion of the project.I know, I know, let me hope ok!

Guest Ken_Salter

I can't read the writing on the back of the chair.Is this a bug?:(

Guest Knikolaes

**chuckles**Glasses maybe? LOL

Guest Robin.B

Thank you PMDG! I can't get my eyes off the Queen! Fabulous job!P.S: Any chance of making those drink cans fall in a violent bank? :D

Guest samrec

>Thank you PMDG! I can't get my eyes off the Queen! Fabulous>job!>>>P.S: Any chance of making those drink cans fall in a violent>bank? :D>>Same here, don't know if it is the sheer size of it or what, but it is one of the plane I have flown the most in FS9. ( Yes I know the A380 is bigger, but not yet on service)

thx Bruce that was great, how many hrs ago did u land in lax?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi Clayton,This was 4/29/2004, exactly one year ago yesterday. I had flown to LAX from NZAA (Auckland), as I had been down there visiting my parents on the South Island. I'm glad that you liked it- when I first replayed it I was impressed with the wing flex on final. The flexing when the wing is empty of fuel is obviously modified heavily by the weight of the engines, so it gets a somewhat unique rhythm going :).I've had quite a few e-mails from people I have never heard of before that have seen the video at flightlevel350.com, so it's cool to get the feedback.Bruce.

Guest vliegnet

REALLY GREAT!!!thomasPS: can somebody tell me what's the default key for autolanding????thanks

Guest samrec

There is no one button auto land, but rather a set of steps you will need to do for it (at least on the 737s) to almost land itself.You will need to set your approach path carefully, easy done with FSNav, when also including the runway on your FP make sure to add an extra deviation point, it helps later on when you export the FP for use with pmdg FMC as in tends to drop the last leg of the FP.Once you are getting ready to start your final approach, usually 60nm for me, make sure you are set or have all the info to set your plane for an ILS approach, if done correctly the plane will land almost by itself.I'm no expert on ILS approaches, but when done I usually disconnect the autopilot like around 500-300ft and land the plane, but to be honest I tend to land most of my planes manually all the way in.cheers

Guest Knikolaes

Actually . . .the button for autoland is to turn OFF the autopilot.**smiles**

Guest samrec

>Actually . . .the button for autoland is to turn OFF the>autopilot.>>**smiles**well that for sure will bring the plane down!