Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

A few things I wan't to know about the Queen.

PMDG_747400_VC9.jpgI just had a few questions about the queen and here they are:-Will it be possible to turn on the landing lights seperately (Ie. INBD LDG LIGHTS without OTBD LDG LIGHTS)???-Will there be a pushback module like LDS uses????-And will the ground power need to be requested by ground crew, so that we won't need to set the park brake as with the NG???Thanks,PS. Took this shot because I like that one the most. :)

Guest FattyBear

I'm not PMDG and I dont know the answers, but I too would like to know if all the lights will be individually simulated. Now that we know it can be done, it would be awesome if PMDG could replicate this in the Queen.

Guest Philip Olson

Ramon, I don't mean to be rude or anything but let me quote Robert in his post "As I've mentioned, this particular update covers only the animation and visual aspects of the Virtual Cockpit. We recognize that many of you will have questions about other aspects of the aircraft, including the external model, 2D cockpit, systems, failures, etc...We will be getting to most all of these in subsequent presentations, so your patience is appreciated." I think that you will have to wait for the answers that you seek. Be patient and your answers will come in due time. Also I would not be offended or anything if your questions don't get answered, hundreds, perhaps thousands of people have questions about the 747 and while it would be nice, the people at PMDG can not possibly answer these questions all of the time. I would wait until PMDG releases all of their presentations and then if your questions are not covered then perhaps you can ask again.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

This is another example of what Mike T. wrote on this forum a few days ago about the "NOW" generation. I have no time reading official announcements, give me the information I want NOW.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest mruane

Regardless of extra bits that might be wanted, I must say that it is really encouraging to see LCD screens of a reasonable size in the VC. So many aircraft in the past have had unusually small ND/EICAS screens etc in proportion to the panel itself, the PMDG737 was about the first with good sized PFD and ND/EICAS screens and this beauty looks like it goes the extra mile also.Could this be one of the benefits of the new technology? If so, then what a great result.Looks like the upward journey of the bar has once again begun!

Yeh, your guys are probarly right but by the time I had written that post I was a bit touchy. And we waited allong time already for this presentation. Anyway, I will wait for the next presentation.