Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agamemnon

PMDG 777 Post Here

Concerning the 777 - which btw is what this post was originally intended for - I hope and pray everyday that PMDG will consider doing it. There is no aircraft out there quite like the 777 - the "smartest" of all birds built by man. I read somewehere that just the programming lines for the 777 flight entertainment system were as long as the 747's programming for navigation! In flight performance terms that doesn't mean anything, but it certainly raised my eyebrows nonetheless. The other developer currently working on it (Phoenix) is good, no doubt about it, but I think it's safe to say that pretty much no one can do em like PMDG does. Furthermore Precision Manuals is the only FS add-on developer that has a forum offering so much aid to us simmers. And I think that the 777 would be a big hit. PSS only started developing it because they made a poll and that bird came out winning.I'd certainly spend some 50 bucks to get it, because I'd know that it would be great.Best Regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Cheap hobby...I totally agree...until I got so into it I went ahead and got my private pilot license. :) Hey but it's still worth it, every penny of it.Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

As many long haulers as we may have, 777 would still be the coolest of all...at least for me. As of now I don't think anyone can make a Boeing add-on as PMDG can. So I'd vote for it.Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest captain_dirk

"Furthermore Precision Manuals is the only FS add-on developer that has a forum offering so much aid to us simmer"Do not agree, levelD has a great support forum.Dirk

Don't you think asking users what they want is a smart move before starting development?The 777 was one of PSSs first products and the one that made their name. This will in fact be version 3 of the aircraft, so they're building on long experience as well.Users overwhelmingly wanted a new 777 now that the old one can no longer be upgraded to work in FS2004 and beyond (the technology just couldn't stretch far enough), that says enough about the quality of the previous versions (which I've indeed owned and enjoyed both).

Guest frankathl

I'd just like to add my "YES, PLEASE!" to the other mails.The PMDG 737NG is a great aircraft, and fully worthy of further development. And, yes, it has to be a paid upgrade to make it commercially viable(30-40 dollars would be fine by me).BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

OT, but can I ask if you guys are really afraid of the 'Bus, or is it just a "friendly" rivalry thing? I mean, you're not suggesting these aircraft are unsafe to fly, are you??BR,Frank

Guest gustav.m

Quote:-"As suggested in the we want a Scarebus thread"Troy.Just three little observations on your post...1. There is no such thread.2. There is no such aircraft.3. This is offensive to a very larg number of people. Gustav.

Guest canyonblue737

>Quote:->"As suggested in the we want a Scarebus thread">>Troy.>Just three little observations on your post...>1. There is no such thread.>2. There is no such aircraft.>3. This is offensive to a very larg number of people. > >Gustav.i haven't been following the 747 development very closely. can anyone tell me what no developments it has compared to the PMDG 737/6/7/8/9 series?improved VC i heard. IRS simulation. what else would need to be added to the 37 to bring it "to the new standards?"thanks...

Guest ProjectXWinds

I think that a 777 is a would be a very good step for them.PSS Does a good job, don't get me wrong, but , they dont go nearly as far as PMDG when modelling a plane. (Common guys! PMDG Models Pressurization accurately! Who else does that?)In short, I think that PMDG could bring a 777 for FS to the next level, just like theyre doing with the 747.I would gladly pay upwards of $70 for a PMDG-Quality 777. It's much more economical than a Level D, 6 Axis, Full Flight Deck simulator.

Guest CS-THV

Feelthere is producing a 777 and a 737-300/400/500 to be released around summer. They are going to be PIC/LDS-kind products, regarding complexity.Personally, I would like to see a great 747-100/200/300/SP, from PMDG. RFP has great complexity but the bitmaps are awfull.

I've never had any contact with Feelthere products, but good to know that we are going to have yet another option of 777 and also getting the much needed 737 classic series. Anyway, I'm still praying for the Precision Manuals 777... the only problem being that if they decide to do it it's probab;y going to be ready at that twilight zone when everyone's switching from FS9 to FS10.Best Regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

>They are going to be PIC/LDS-kind>products, regarding complexity.Well, considering Feelthere's relatively short tenure in the market place it remains to be seen what 'kind' products they will be. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest CS-THV

>Well, considering Feelthere's relatively short tenure in the market >place it remains to be seen what 'kind' products they will be.Hi!I don't know if you own the ERJ, but if you do, you got your answer there. Besides that, think of the their 737 as the ERJ but completly funcional (the ERJ has some dummies in the overhead). That is how it is going to be.

Guest Knikolaes

<<>> Because I canna spell worth hoot.>Feelthere is producing a 777 and a 737-300/400/500 to be>released around summer. They are going to be PIC/LDS-kind>products, regarding complexity.>>Personally, I would like to see a great 747-100/200/300/SP,>from PMDG. RFP has great complexity but the bitmaps are>awfull.I have all of Feelthere's products because of my VA's. I enjoy their dynamics, but their panels need a LOT to be desired. Both in 2D and VC you need to have like micro-vision to see the lettering and information on the guages. Still great AC, but I think they need to place a little more thought into panel development and guage development before tackling something like a 777.Yes, I do still fly Feelthere AC, but I have to strain to see the guages.Although I have to say that as a community (even a competative one, it is great to have choices) I am loyal to more than just one company. Feelthere -- minus the guage issues, has great commuter jets. I am a loyal PSS customer and have every scarebus they have out, and fly them often. I also have the PSS Dash 8, PSS Concorde and until i retired FS2k2 I had the Vulcan (now scrapped due to my retiring the older FS).Alphasim is great for all of us that are military types. While their VC's need quite a bit to be desired on most of their AC, their 2D panels and flight dynamics rock, and their C-130 Herc makes for awesome Bush Flying in all aspects. I am currently working on a BFU scheme for her as we speak.But when it comes to Boeing, I rely on PMDG -- they are stunning. I look forward to the PSS 777 and I am itching like crazy for their 757 as well. I have the LDS 767 and it is a DREAM to fly (not sure why a lot of souls are reporting problems with her -- flys beautifully on my system). PMDG-wise I have both 737 packs, the 1900D and 1900C and am looking forward to having the MD-11 and 747 in my fleet.Least to say -- point of my reply -- I am so engulfed in keeping up with everything available I dont think I could ask for anything more . . . . airliner-wise.Seems like the GA community is good payware-wise too. Have all of Eaglesoft's AC -- awesome for my bus-jet flights. Carenado fills my fleet with great Cessna and Piper AC and I also have a Diamond that I forgot who the heck made it. Aeroworx has a great Beech B200.So looking at all of that I think what we are lacking is . . . . money? **laughs** Yes . . .money. I . . .must . . have . . more . . money LOLThe "Fly the MD-11" is keeping me busy for a while too, but I am ever so looking forward to the MD-11 from PMDG. I just know this bird will blow this other one away . . . . .I guess if you shop around you'll find that what you are itching for has already been released somewhere -- just by someone else. I wouldnt hound one company to make everything all at once, because I am finding that these companies, sticking to their guns and doing the few AC they know, make better QUALITY aircraft in the long run.Now if only feelthere would get some attention to that cockpit issue . . . **laughs** Guages for farsighted pilots :-)Chris