Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agamemnon

PMDG 777 Post Here

Guest CS-THV

>I enjoy their dynamics, but their panels need a LOT to be desired. Both >in 2D and VC you need to have like micro-vision to see the lettering >and information on the guages.I agree with you regarding the CRJ. It has a lot to be improved. But not the ERJ. It is perfect. The gauges are at PMDG's level and have pop-ups.

>I don't know if you own the ERJ, but if you do, you got your>answer there.I don't own it but read all possible reviews, downloaded their manual, etc. The product looks very good but its manual certainly doesn't look like a PIC-level product. Their VC is so-so and even their 2D is not state of the art at this point (shows pixalation and blurriness at high resolutions per Andrew Herd's review). It is possible their upcoming products will be even better but it is way too early to make any definite proclamations regarding this relative newcomer on the market. Lets wait and see.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Well, considering PMDG's development cycles for each add-on (both the NG and the 747 demonstrate it), we're already stocked up all the way up to like FS11 in add-on development (which isn't bad, it's just a reality that you guys need to face). So look at it this way: By the time PMDG finished the MD-11/717, we'll probably be well into FS10 already. So proposing NEW projects at this point won't get much attention, since the guys have their plates as full as they get. :) Besides, why would PMDG go and compete against PSS? Not to say PSS can't be beat (those of us that aren't obsessive fans know that's not the case), but there's no reason to take up another group that's doing a product they've previous experience on (Captain Sim being the exception by competing with LDS on the 767, but we all know that won't be released for a LONG time, so LDS will be obsolete by the time CS gets the thing out the door). :-lolSo you see, a 777 wouldn't necessarily be a smart thing at this time, there's other work there already.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Captain Vala

In my opinion, we need another short range airliner. I know that the 737 is getting a little old, and although Capt. RSR said that when he looks at the 737 codes, he thinks " I can write that so much simpler!", he specifically stated that upgrading the 737 series is not economically beneficial due to its need to some 15,000 work hours. So They would have to build a 737 all ground up - which is by the way very fine with me, and I would be willing to buy that. But looking at this issue economically, I would not think that PMDG will redesign the 737... why? because 1) they are still making money off of the original + 8/900 737s, maybe a little, but its still money 2) they would probably make more money if they design a new jet, since there's already a 737 out there. I personally want a new 737, but that's probably not gonna happen, so I'll go with the 717. 717 IS A GREAT AIRPLANE. And I have reasons to back myself up. so many people say its a stupid little plane, and it looks like DC-9 and all of that, but if any of you look at its performance charts and the technology used in it, you will totally come to realization that it can totally put the 737-600 to the side. Even the airliners using them have always been proud of 717s, and it has proved its reliability. But a few reasons the airlines didn't welcome it in the first place are probably 1) Wanting the good old reliable 737s from Boeing 2) Commonality in their fleet for maintenance, part commonality, crew training etc. issues. And Anyways, why would Boeing have one of its airplanes competing another one of his ???But overall, there has been a lot of effort put into the making of 717 to make it a very advanced, safe, efficient, and comfortable airliner. I would gladly give it a try :Dcomments are welcome,Vala

Guest Darren Howie

I would love to see PMDG have a go at an Airbus.Given the massive difference in flight deck technology between an A320 and a 737NG it would be a true challenge of their programming skill.If they where to do it i think it would have to be at a similar level as the 400 with failures etc to really show why the A320 is such an amazing aircraft to fly.Its really only there with the scrolling ecam etc that the differences become evident as to why its a joy to fly for a living.No one apart from the A320PIC project has come close to showing off Airbus technology well in FS yet so i hope the PMDG team choose to have a look at the other side of the fence.The differences would not be easy to do but i guess that would be the challenge for them.With the similarities between the 320 and 330 would mean an excellent package of short to longe range twin engine flying is easily within reach of the one package making lots of marketing options available should it be done properly.PSS only scratched the surface and in all repects the PIC A320 started to show some of the awesome technology in the bus.Interesting to see what happens.DarrenReal world bus driver.

Would be nice a 777 developed by PMDG... I think othere software houses wouildnt do a product like they can do and even if they can their client support is never good