Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

GF4 Ti4400

With my GF4 Ti4400 I am getting very bad frame rates, 7-9fps while on the ground and in the air 10fps. Iam running Windows ME but I'm not sure if its my operating system thats making me have such low fps.AMD Anthlon 1.1Ghz526 Meg.RamWindows MEGF 4 Ti4400

I'm also running NVidia's 29.92 drivers from the NVidia website.

I also have DirectX 8.1Sorry for all the I also's...

Guest rlefebvr

try running in full screen and see if it changes. If you are running in full screen try running in window mode and see if it help.Could also be Win98 is not fully compatible with the GF4'sI run XP and my GF4 works great.RonCVA1701

Still the same results when flying in full screen or windowed screen.Is Windows ME a compilation of Windows 98 and 2000?

Guest flightpro08

Get rid of Windows ME! :D I was stuck with it for a little over a year and hated it. I'm now running Windows XP with a GF4 Ti4600 and love it. (Never did use the GF4 with ME FYI.)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

It sounds as though you don't have DirectX acceleration enabled. Although some do not like Windows Me that is not the reason for your poor frame rates.From the Start menu select Run... and type dxdiag and hit Enter. Once the utility loads choose the Display tab and ensure DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture Acceleration are all enabled.Stay in Windowed mode for the time being - there are very few benefits if any, running in full-screen mode.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather