Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

winglets only for SWA

Guest tmetzinger

got the news last week that SWA has completed the retrofit of winglets to all it's NG aircraft, so...Would anybody feel like applying the already great custom liveries for the clipped-wing -700 to the winglet version?

Guest forever_49ers

Tim,does SWA only have NG's ? I saw multiple ones without the winglets coming into San Jose, CA on Friday.Steve

TimAre you talking about a repaint? I have both the Classic and Blue winglet versions of the -700 that I downloaded from avsim - I think if you do a search, they are out on the file library.

Guest Knikolaes

What he was referring to was the already remaining liveries. In other words ALL of their NG aircraft now have winglets. And yes i WOULD be VERY interested, Tim **smiles**

I've converted all of my PMDG SWA -700s to winglet versions as of the announcement that SWA and completed same. It's really easy to do yourself. Just move the texture folders from the non-winglet folder to the winglet folder. And than you'll have to cut and paste the aircraft.cfg entries from the non-winglet version to the winglet version.In the photos I've seen the New Mexico and Nevada planes don't have their winglets painted yet so it makes things really easy. For the 'Nolan Ryan' I just copied the winglet version wing texture from another wintlet version desert gold plane into the Nolan Ryans texture folder.If any one wants more help with this just e-mail me atdave_Paige@comcast.net

Dave Paige

Guest tmetzinger

> For the 'Nolan Ryan' I just copied the winglet version>wing texture from another wintlet version desert gold plane>into the Nolan Ryans texture folder.>>If any one wants more help with this just e-mail me atDave, I was gonna email you privately, but I figured there'd be many people interested in this.Can you give me the names of the wing textures? Wanna make sure I get the right ones.

The wing textures are;PMDG_Wing_T.bmp upper surfacePMDG_WingL_T.bmp lower surfaceFor the New Mexico and Nevada planes you don't need to worry about them yet if you don't want to, as the planes in real life don't seem to have their winglets painted yet.But if you want desert gold winglets just copy those two files from a desert gold winglet version if you have one.

Dave Paige

Guest Knikolaes

Tim was right - many are interested -- me for starters. Many thanks for the file names. Going to work on transferring my winglets now :-)**smiles**

Guest canyonblue737

we completed the -700 fleet retrofit about 3 weeks ago now, so yes no NG's without winglets. can any of you plane painters/designers create a canyonblue (spirt) scheme plane without the eyebrow windows, and perhaps the new vortex generators on the aft radome? SWA already has 10+ planes in the N2xxWN series without the eyebrows. No custom liveries yet though.

Guest canyonblue737

>Removing the eyebrows and adding the generators can't be>done, built into the model. any trick like "painting" the windows or the clearness of the window part of the model? too bad... hopefully someone updates it but with my limited knowledge i am sure it would be a big deal.