Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickio

Uplink on the Queen

Guest Nickio

Will the Uplink action through the FMC be available on the Queen? I am guessing not since the dispatch centre is on hold. Also with all the Captain and FO views, will there actually be some kind of interface that presents a captain or the First officer in the cockpit, or are you going to leave it up to FSCrew.I could never expect a precise weather on the EICAS from any other developer, but is it going to be present on the 744? I think this would be an absolutely revolutionary feature.If any of these questions could be answered, or atleast on an adjacent matter that would great,Thanks,Nick

Nick-No final decisions have been made on the crew interface side. There comes a point where development time and the end price do not justfiy certain "wants" so we keep some things in the holding bin to see how things begin to shake out...(No I will not inventory the bin for those who want to ask.) ;-)As for weather on the EICAS- I can assure you that you will never see weather on the ENGINE INSTRUMENTATION AND CREW ALERTING SYSTEM.Now- if you are talking about one of the other screens- we might be in business.... but on the engine display? Nah... not unless you break the windshield and the rain pours in.... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest EDCS

Maybe the nice weather girl from the tv network appears on the ND after pushing the wx button:-)Very nice bird, Robert. I am not a long hauler but now I am thinking about a 744 type rating.Greetings Stefan

Guest Nickio

Sorry about the confusion, I havent flown the 737 in a while, so the first thing that popped into my head is the EICAS for the display, what I meant is the navigational display ofcourse. So as I understand you guys looked into it.Looking forward to it, and thanks for the responseNick

Nick-I know- sorry- was having a bit of fun with you. :-)I think we might have a small language or terminology barrier going- so let me be clear about some things...-I do not anticipate the 744 including weather radar. Radar is on our long term agenda for all PMDG models- but will not likely be ready for the 744.- Weather information will become available via the FMC. (As an airline pilot- when we talk about having "weather in the cockpit" we mean live-text-weather in the form of METARS and TAFS via ACARS.)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Nickio

Thanks Rob,METARS are not a problem, there are numerous sources that I can get them from, like squawkbox. Seeing clouds on navigation screen(2nd from the left just so we dont get confused), would be a big big breakthrough, noone has done anything close to that. And as I heard it makes a big difference in flying, because thats how you guys avoid the weather. Like any good pilot I want to avoid the ruff stuff :)I would definatly pay extra money if you guys developed an addon for 744 in the future (I would actually pay any money for your products). I'm just saying, you guys should prioritize this feature, it will make your planes stand out a lot more IMHO. Besides, its the kind of thing that you could only see from PMDG.All the videos and the pilots that I talked to, a lot of their adventures seem to revolve around weather, and its just something that I would like to see on a diagram of some sort in a plane.Thanks,Nick