Sign in to follow this  
Guest yylie1

BBJ

>Heck maybe it will be cancelled? No need to cancel something that never existed. This dummy 747 project was from the beginning designed to spread disinformation among simmers and competition by making outlandish claims. Sort of acting as a Trojan Horse in this industry. District Attorney's office is already looking into this matter whether False Advertising and Antitrust laws have been violated. Stay tuned for more information.Michael J.

Guest tmetzinger

>The attitude you see here is typical.>Any question about the product gets met with hostility, and>always from the same few people.>>I'd guess the stairs to be linked to the doors command, or>maybe the tailhook or Concorde nose (those are the usual>suspects for such things).>>Not having the -600/700 pack I can't check them out for you.Not true, many questions get met with ridicule, scorn, and derision. .A simple search on "airstairs" or a reading of the manual would reveal that the airstairs are linked to the Concorde Nose commands in FS9.Of course, not EVERY aircraft is equipped with the airstairs - they're not standard equipment, so depending on which livery you choose you may not get the airstairs.Taking a look inside the aircraft.cfg file will soon give you a clue as to which variants have stairs and which do not, and you can probably figure out how to add them if you wish. Of course, be sure to create a backup of the .cfg file if you're going to edit it.Now, wasn't that helpful advice?PS - sign your name next time.

Guest Knikolaes

Okay, that is pushing it a bit far.You cant tell from the screenshots, etc the progress they are making? Are you people all that greedy? Yes, you are. Greedy. You are all acting like children that cant wait for mommy and daddy to put the presents under ther tree. This is an outrage and I will probably get a scolding from PMDG for being this forward, even though I am defending them, but blast it that is sickening to see you people acting like this.If you dont like PMDG, or how they act, take your money elsewhere and leave the poor guys alone.

Please don't take out your frustrations with life on everybody out on a message board about an add-on for a flight simulator game. It's quite obvious they are barely showing any information for fear of other companies stealing it, to get more publicity (ie people talking about it, not whinning), and because they are BUSY working on the most complex add-on you will be lucky enough to purchase. So what if it's delayed? If you knew half of what most people know about the software industry, you would know to get it right takes TIME. And sometimes things take longer than expected. Usually that is a good thing, unless you want a rushed product so you can just complain about that as well.

Guest yylie1

Yeah. And about any more B737NG updates? We havent had one for almost a year now. The issues with the night lighting and the missing PLIS havent been solved yet. We all thought that that was because you were rushing the B744 out for a year end release last year so no complains there.I always have to imagine a total PLI failure when I fly and that is uncomfortable. Occasionally there is that cockpit backup instruments black out as well when we fly at night with the night lighting on. Also the landing gear position is weird in the virtual cockpit. But now it is turning out that nothng seems to be moving at all at the PMDG development caves.Regards,Melissa

Guest Knikolaes

Night lighting and missing PLI's? I guess that is a localized issue?I know I have no night lighting issues at all. Everything works and looks absolutely fantastic. As for the PLI -- erm -- what is a PLI?

Guest yylie1

PLIs are the little inverted yellow coloured "wings" that you wee that appear in your PFD when you extend the flaps. They are supposed to be the cues to the maximum angle you can pull the nose up to when the flaps are down. I even heard someone on the forum mention that the new BOEING PLIs on the newer aircraft`s PLIs will appear even with the flaps up as the aircraft approaches the maximum angle of attack. The main man of PMDG was arguing that the PFD version with the angle of attack provides "the same information" as the PLIs are supposed to and got blasted by a real life pilot as those two things simply arent the same. The PLIs must be there in the B737NGs update(for which there has been no news of for almost a year) for the plane to fly properly or at least even look decently like a real B737 flight deck.SOmeone asked if I had anything positive to say? Hmmm...>What is there positive to say? At least they are supposed to but are missing in the "most realistic B737 package around". I think there is a B737 style PFD available on avsim for B737s but is only for FS2002. THerefore we cant use it. It has the PLIS in it.Regards, MelissaLook at the PFD in these pictures and you will see the two yellow thingos there.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/800713/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/768516/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/758582/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/724612/L/

Guest Knikolaes

Oh THAT thing?? Okay. Sorry I am a beginner at all this . . . However my PMDG has that . . . . . Did you try . . uhm . . downloading the update? There IS an update posted on their web site . . . under "Service Updates". Lemme get the link for it and I'll post it here right below this . . . I know I DONT have PLI's for when there are no flaps, but I see it just fine when flaps are extended at certain levels and the lighting, as I said above, works perfectly as it should. For me anyway. As for the PLI not appearing when flaps are up, I actually really doubt that effects the realism of the entire aircraft. Unless you are trying to do some serious stunts in the AC, you shouldnt be nosing her that high anyway. The max I have ever lifted the NG was 18 degrees and that was for a steep departure in the middle of the Swiss Alps.I can understand your attention to detail, but I would have to admit that looking past one small detail like that (unless, as I said, you are performing aerobatics in an airliner) and the NG is a wonderful addon. Try the updates and see if they help, but I do have that stuff on my NG. If you still have a lghting issue - -it may be because of graphics drivers or something with your settings?Lemme grab that link and post it here . . . EDIT: KK here it is. To add the following . . . .http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/type.asp?iType=23I see three updates for the NG. 1 of them relates to the 800/900 series, but that V1.2 to V1.3 update is dated 1/26/2004 and has the most recent update for the 600/700. The third one I see is also for the 600/700, but you have to have the 800/900 upgrade installed as it gives the 800/900 panel features to the 600/700.Hope this helps.

Guest yylie1

Good day mate! Thanks for the swift reply. I dun understand by what is I know I DONT have PLI's for when there are no flaps, but I see it just fine when flaps are extended at certain levels and the lighting, as I said above, works perfectly as it should. For me anyway. As for the PLI not appearing when flaps are up, I actually really doubt that effects the realism of the entire aircraft.I dun see the PLIs even when I extend the flaps. Is there something wrong with my cockpit settings or is it simply just missing from my flight deck? I dun see any options in the PMDG tab to turn on the PLIS either.I think that this is one case that PMDG cannot argue by saying "Oh it is not there due to AIRLINE OPTIONS?"Am I missing out on something?Another thing it really has been almost ten whole months since there was any updates to the B737NG series!Name: PMDG 737-800/900 Service Update 1 Added: 7/29/2004 Category: Service Updates Downloads: 24051 Rating: (4.3) By: 44 users Description: PMDG 737 800/900 Service Update 1 patches 800/900 airplane to Version 1.1 (Most Current Version is ... Uh huh? July last year till now. No one bugged you guys cuz we wer expecting a year end release for the B744 and now it is almost 5 months later. You are waiting for FS2006 to come out before you release this? or FS2008?BOTTOM LINE: IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO NOTHING TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS THEN AT LEAST HELP US TO FIND WHERE ARE MY PLIs?Regards,Melissa

why don't you just enjoy a great aircraft instead of nitpicking small issues

Wow, Melissa, you are a major whiner! Give it up! x(- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest yylie1

SO it is admitted that it is missing right? About 2 posts ago someone phrased it in such a way like you guys actually had it. Wonder if BOEING will ever release a BOEING B737 to its customers if the PLIs are missing? Well dun answer that cuz it will just get stuck in ur throat. #### no! Cuz it is just unsafe and non standard. WOnder how the "line pilots" train on this thing. Better aviod the airlines that these so called real life pilots fly for. With such major defficiency in its syatems that such a simple thing cannot be put right. Well just did a circuit around INNSBRUCK and here are my PFD pics clearly with the PLIs missing. Enjoy a great aircraft with such a major thing missing is hardly what I call entertainment. Wonder how you guys SMOKE the reviewers to write good things about such a product. Or do you pay your own people to write the reviews?Regards,Melissa

With all due respect Melissa, but it looks to me like you either must be extremaly bored with what you do, or you are just trying to get attention here.You were successful with the latter - enjoy your life down under.On another note, if you are seeking ultimate realism may I suggest you embark on a full flight sim exercise worth in excess of USD500.That should pretty much give you what you are looking for - just a friendly advise, since you caught my attention,BestDom

.. dun .. cuz .. ur .. #### ..Cuz .. aviod .. With such major defficiency in its syatems Major defficiency is with your English. I would correct it first, it is hard on our eyes to read this crap.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest yylie1

Well for one I have flown in a full motion simulator several times. The PMDG Sim aint anything like it. And yes it is crap news that PMDG have been giving us if that is what you mean. Diversion tactics,etc. Sorry as I might have hit several keys too fast. Well if PMDG can have alot...........And I mean alot of delays so can I make a few spelling errors when I type a little fast.The excuse that I got alot of things to do on one project doesnt work here in my Uni. Well with all this diversion away from the topic at hand the question of a new PMDG B737NG update hasnt been answered yet or how to get the air stairs extended. Or is it that PMDG has forgotten about the PMDG B737NG series that they used to boast about in the past. Then don`t sell a product that has problems that we all know about and nothing being done about it.Maybe there is also some other defficiency at hand here that hasnt been noticed. Curious,Melissa