Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwe2261

737 800/900 TCAS

Guest wwe2261

A quick question, I am considering the 737 800/900 for vatsim flight. The only concern I have is that the TCAS won't work with Squawkbox 3. Does anyone have any experience flying/using TCAS in vatsim with SB3?all responses are greatly appreciated

Work great here!Cheers,

Guest aarskringspier

Works perfectly for me as well.

Guest wwe2261

I've downloaded the 737NG and the 800/900 and have flown on vatsim with it. I have activated TCAS on the radio panel (TA/RA) and activated it on the MFD with the TFC button on the autopilot but I still don't see any traffic on the MFD.What am I missing?Thanks for all of your help. Also on a side note any other good tutorials/documentation on the 737 from other than PDMG?ThanksJeff

Guest tmetzinger

>Maybe the actual traffic? :) Only kidding. But it's working>great for me. I just installed SB3 without changing all the>default options and activated the TCAS same way you have. Try>fidgeting with SB3 or VATSIM settings>Cheers,>Vicor>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpgWorks great here, with the following settings:In the PMDG menu section - TCAS set to Flight Sim internal (not FSUIPC).Also, set it to display non-threatening traffic, or else you'll only see targets that require your immediate attention.Transponder in TA/RA modeTFC button on Mode Control Panel pushed in so that you see TFC or TA ONLY (if you're on the ground) in the Navigation Display.Of course you need to have some traffic, either from VATSIM or from the FS internal traffic generator.

Guest aarskringspier

Also look in the options - multiplayer of SB3 and see what it is set to, I have mine set to detec other players at 70 miles. I think its default was like 20.