Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Altitutude on 1900C autopilot

Hi,I have been flying the 1900C a lot over the last week, and I love it! I do have a question, however. Is there a way to set the autopilot to climb or decend to a preset altitude? I know about altitude hold, but I can't figure out how to preset a target altitude. Thanks!Tony

Guest Knikolaes

Use vertical speed hold and it will go to the preset altitude. First step is to set the altitude, then set the vertical speed hold for whatever climb rate you prefer. In the 1900D I have always been comfy with between 1000 and 1500 fpm. Once you get to your altitude it should level off the the annunciators should switch from VS to ALT or something like that (I am guessing on the annunciators as I cant remember right off the bat. Been flying the F1 ATR 72-500 solid the last few days so have those annunciators stuck in my mind).Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.How do I set the preset altitude? Do I click the "set alt" button, then use the rocker switch? Where does it indicate what my preset altitude is after I set it if that is the case? I know I must be missing something obvious. Thanks again.Tony

It was posted in the main Avsim forum that I set the altitude with the altitude alerter gauge. I will try that tonight when I get a chance to fly. I don't believe that little tid-bit was in the manual. If it wasn't, hint... hint. :)Tony

Directly below the audio panel on the main panel, is the altitude selector. Dial in your altitude of choice, and then on the auto pilot, select ALT SEL, then set your desired vertical speed using the VS rocker switch on the autopilot control.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

Yeah what Vin said **smiles** :-)

Guest SteveJ

Hi-I've also been having problems lately with my altitude hold. On my first few flights I think I remember it working correctly..... however I've just completed a couple of flights following the procedure outlined by Vin above, and I cannot get the plane to level off either when climbing or descending.....it continues to go through the dialed-in altitude.1) I first dialed in the altitude in the altitude alerter (also, is the orange button on the left operational?.....a hand appears when I pass over it with my mouse cursor, but it does not do anything....also does the plane give a recorded warning when you are near altitude....perhaps I'm thinking of the A36, but that also did not happen on my two recent flights) OK, so say I dialed in 7,000 ft.2) I go to the engine quadrant popup and select ALT SEL (since ALT is really an altitude hold on this aircraft....also, when do you use just the VS button?). 3) Then I push the rocker button several times to increase in +100 increments to give me a climb rate of 1200ft/min.4) I then engage the autopilot with the autopilot button5) The plane climbs at the desired 1200 ft/min rate, but when it gets near 7,000 I do not get any warning and it busts through the 7,000 set on the altitude alerter gauge. The only way I can currently find to hold an altitude with the autopilot is with the ALT button.I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help with either some detailed instructions, or guide me to the proper place in the documents. I've searched both the B1900C manual and the KingAir documentation.By the way, other than my problems using the autopilot, I am really enjoying this plane.....the "express" line is perfect for someone like me who usually spends most of my time in the A36 or smaller aircraft.Steve J.

Guest tmetzinger

>Directly below the audio panel on the main panel, is the>altitude selector. Dial in your altitude of choice, and then>on the auto pilot, select ALT SEL, then set your desired>vertical speed using the VS rocker switch on the autopilot>control.>>>Best,>>Vin ScimoneAnd if you're sick of clicking that rocker button so many times, the CLMB button gives you +1000 FPM, and the DCNT button gives you -1000 FPM.