Sign in to follow this  
Guest pamber

ILS -EHAM

Guest pamber

I have a problem with 06 ils at EHAM. Entered freq of 110.55 in fmc and was vectored by online atc onto approach at approx 2000ft. The horizontal ils diamond appeared but the vertical one did not and so I was not able to lock on. Does anyone have polite suggestion please? Is this a navdata problem -I have latest installed though! Bernie Lonnenhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest meyomyx

The Navdata file only provides data for the FMC - not FS9. So forget the FMC - if you tune NAV1 to 110.55 for ILS RWY 6, you should get Localiser and Glideslope.Impossible to say what happened but if you got only the LOC indicator, were you tured to a VOR somehow? I'd just go try again and get some clues.Of course, what you should have done is to ident the frequency! How's your morse code? ..... and the ident should be displayed on the PFD :)

Guest MightyMatt76

hi bernie,the problem is most likely in the AFCAD file that you are using. you might be using a corrupted version. there is one out there, i had the same problem while on final to 06 and had to switch to visual approach, luckily the weather was permitting me to do this.so check the AFCAD or download a new one. then do a test flight around the area to see if the AFCAD is activating the proper ILS.hope this helps.