Sign in to follow this  
Guest NIC0

Spoiler-lever on my yoke won't go to ARM

Guest NIC0

Hello!I'm using CH Flight Sim Yoke USB (I will soon get a TQ too!), and I've assigned the prop-lever for spoilers. But, with the PMDG 737, the spoiler-lever won't go to ARM. When the lever on the yoke is fully forward, the spoilers is in down position, and when the lever is backward, the spoilers is UP, but I never get it in ARM! It always jump over ARM (both in air and on ground).Has anyone a solution for this??

Guest meyomyx

Nico (is this your real name - if not please sign your posts!)Do a search on the forum - there are very many threads on this. Best to sum up - go look at the PMDG website maintenance pages for the answer which, unfortunately, is you won't get it working!In flight use / and ?To arm, use your mouse.

Guest rubberball

NicoBefore you go out and buy the excellent CH Products Throttle Quadrant bear this in mind...I have had mine now for 2 weeks and nobody on here and at PMDG can get me some info on how to make the Auto pilot functions work on any of the 6 flick switches on the front panel of the TQ.I Have had some help from Bob Church (who it would appear to me is the top man in here and is a very helpfull guy after just reading some of his threads/replies i can see that already) and even advice (for what it was worth)from PMDG Who basically said that there Autopilot is operated a differnet way in there software os something like that??I cannot belive in a million years that i am the only one out there trying to do this function...what else would you use the buttons for??But i do advise you to buy the TQ ..It is a great bit of kit that with my Yoke and Pedals just gives me that bit more realism i was looking for and that you dont really get with just a joystick.The guys in this forum/hanger are top guys and this is not a slur in anybodies direction.P.S I have a full registered version of FSUIPC and this allows me to work my full reverse thrust and spoilers all from the help of Bob's great tutorial.Appanrently you can also map the buttons i want but im not that upto speed on FSUIPC yet so i could be some time...Kind Regards Paul Teasdale

Paul,I have had the throttle since it's release and use the right hand switch up to turn on and off the autopilot. To do this I have programmed the button (in FSUIPC) to send the z key.I had to do this to get the PSS Airbus to work as well.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest tmetzinger

Paul,If you want to ship that quadrant here for a week - I bet I can figure out how to get it to do what you wish. I don't know if you were the person I replied to earlier this week about how to use the PMDG menu in FS9 to assign unique keystrokes to various functions, and then use FSUIPC (registered version) to assign the buttons on the throttle quadrant to generate the keystrokes.I've done this with a Belkin Nostromo speedpad and have about 16 different buttons assigned to functions like LNAV, VNAV, N1, and the various windows.If I get some extra time this week I'll try and put together a description on how to do this - I've got to cover it in the book anyway.

Guest aarskringspier

I can not stress enough how valuable registering FSUIPC is. My throttle quad will do just about anything I want and it was all achieved through the FSUIPC. it and WideFs are hands down, bar none the best money I spent on FS.

Guest tmetzinger

>I can not stress enough how valuable registering FSUIPC is. >My throttle quad will do just about anything I want and it was>all achieved through the FSUIPC. it and WideFs are hands>down, bar none the best money I spent on FS.See my post on using FSUIPC to map buttons to PMDG functions - it's got a download link in it to a document on how to do it.

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello!>>I'm using CH Flight Sim Yoke USB (I will soon get a TQ too!),>and I've assigned the prop-lever for spoilers. But, with the>PMDG 737, the spoiler-lever won't go to ARM. When the lever on>the yoke is fully forward, the spoilers is in down position,>and when the lever is backward, the spoilers is UP, but I>never get it in ARM! It always jump over ARM (both in air and>on ground).>>Has anyone a solution for this??As mentioned elsewhere, the spoiler logic in FS9 is hopelessly screwed up. Because of this it's not recommended to try to assign an axis to the spoiler control, and buttons don't work well either.

Guest meyomyx

Tim,Will registered FSUIPC key mapping allow programming of a CH yoke lever do you know?Cheers

Guest rubberball

Many Thanks to Tim,Randy and Russell.I will look forward to trying out what you guys have told me is possible in FSUIPC.It is guys like you lot that make these forums so valuble because you spend time replying to what may seem to you guys a silly question but still take time out and pass on your knowledge to people who may be new to flight simming or just like me ,ive been a arm chair pilot now for the best part of 10 yrs (since FS95) and have always enjoyed the hobby but when i but things like the TQ and think it will be plug and play well....what a laugh that is!Good old PMDG eh.P.S how do you get the auto pilot to work anyway guys becuase you cannot just press z can you becuase it has dual auto pilots?CMD a and CMD b?P.S THANKS for the invite to send my TQ to you Tim but i live in the UK so it would be to much trouble.Very kind Regards chaps...Paul Teasdale

Guest tmetzinger

>Many Thanks to Tim,Randy and Russell.>>I will look forward to trying out what you guys have told me>is possible in FSUIPC.>It is guys like you lot that make these forums so valuble>because you spend time replying to what may seem to you guys a>silly question but still take time out and pass on your>knowledge to people who may be new to flight simming or just>like me ,ive been a arm chair pilot now for the best part of>10 yrs (since FS95) and have always enjoyed the hobby but when>i but things like the TQ and think it will be plug and play>well....what a laugh that is!>>Good old PMDG eh.>>P.S how do you get the auto pilot to work anyway guys becuase>you cannot just press z can you becuase it has dual auto>pilots?>CMD a and CMD b?>>P.S THANKS for the invite to send my TQ to you Tim but i live>in the UK so it would be to much trouble.>>Very kind Regards chaps...Paul TeasdalePressing Z in the PMDG disconnects the autopilot. you have to use my technique to assign a button to the CMD A function, and another button to the CMD B button.

Guest rubberball

I would like to give you and the other guys in here who have helped me activet the autopilot functions using my CH Products Throttle Quadrant...i had some time spare last night and did what the instructions and you said and it was very very easy to say the least.I found out what i was doing wrong...I was trying to assign a button like speed hold which was ALREADY assigned in the FS9 Assingments list...that one was easy to work out after what you have told me..then the second thing and most important thing (i hope this statement is correct )i tried the autopilot after assingning a button to it (button A) and then found out it was making the autopilot disconnect noise still (like it was before) but i didnt see the switch illuminate or light up (like before when i was trying to do this operation)then i took to the air and hey presto!...it arms fine in the air which i would say is the correct way and only time to really switch on the autopilot anyway in real life.(OR SHLOUD I BE ABLE TO SEE IT LIGHT UP ON THE GROUND??)I know the certain criteria that stops you arming the autopilot and that is 1)no pressure on the yoke and 2)make sure stab trims and set to manual...or at least thats what ive read in here.Yes a registered copy of FSUIPC is INVALUBLE!I can now assign anything i want im that good!..Ha Ha and thats all thanks to you guys and especially you Tim you are the man!Regards Paul

Guest rubberball

Hi TimI have been listening to you going on about the Belkin Nostromo speedpad and i have on the strengh of this info gone out and bought one (