Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Spoiler Sound effect too loud

How do I, or how can I get rid of the spoiler sound effect as it is so loud it masks every other sound. If you press alt it still sounds. I would rather have no sound effect at all. The thing is every time I descend in VNAV I always get the message DRAG REQUIRED in the CDU.

Keith Sandford.

Guest speight

If you can find the offending wav file in the aircraft sound folder, right click/record and in the pulldowns you can reduce the sound by 25% per click, then save. I reduced it 50% and it can just be heard now.Before starting any of this, save the original file somewhere first.

Thanks Howard I will try that. Does no one else find that DRAG sound annoying?

Keith Sandford.

Guest HepburnUGA

I would love to hear this as a "graduated" sound rather than one that is on or off.

I have tried to locate the sound file for the speedbrake but no luck. All the sound files seem to be located in the 700 series. I have been through all of them and not quite sure which one it is.Could anyone give me the extension name please then I can reduce the sound volume. Many thanks.

Keith Sandford.

Guest zteve

It's in Flight Simulator 9SoundPmdg