Sign in to follow this  
Guest LY7E7

PMDG 737NG FMC question

Guest LY7E7

Hi. I've downloaded the SID/STARS data files to my PMDG/SIDSTARS directory. When I try to input any airport on the FMC's RTE page (KLAX, for instance) I am getting "NOT IN DATABASE" error from the FMC, even though the KLAX file is in the SID/STARS directory.Any help will be very appreciated!Regards

Mr Regards,I think you need to take a look in one of the good manuals out there. There are several good ones. Fred Clausen has one in the AVSIM library. Tim Metzinger has made a really good tutorial which is not publically available but maybe some fellow PMDG pilot can mail it to you. And last I would like to push for Brad Marsh's Geezer Guide. Brad's Guide and Checklists can be found here: http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~speedyI would also suggest you take a look at Terry Yingling's explanation on how the Navdata database and the SID/STAR database works and what's needed for them to interact here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchHope it helps,

Guest Zapper

Dear Regards - We are asked to always sign our posts with our name in here please :DIf you would like ot arrange a time to chat on TS I qwill gladly help you out. Correct use of the FMC and AFDS is a major part of flying PMDG. It is one of teh most challenging aspects of operating a modern day airliner.All the Best,