Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

any cabin announcements for 737 its really quiet up here

i would like their to be cabin announcements flight attendants talking on a pa. i asked my girlfriend but she doesn't want to.lolanywhere i can get this freeware or paywarethanks

Hi,As freeware, actually you could install fdsfxpnl.zip from Marcus Thompson.As payware, there is Flight Deck Companion. (FS2Crew doesn't feature cabin annoucements, "only" chief attendant's questions to flight crews before departure or in flight).As payware too but in developement, there will be www.fspassengers.com .Hope it helps.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

It seems the freeware works with pmdg from what i read however when i open the panel.cfg file it is alias to somewhere else and i can't seem to find the full working panel.cfg original file?Where is it?

Guest tmetzinger

>It seems the freeware works with pmdg from what i read>however when i open the panel.cfg file it is alias to>somewhere else and i can't seem to find the full working>panel.cfg original file?>Where is itright where the alias says it is... in either the 737-700 directory or the 737-800 directory.

Guest Knikolaes

This is also the point where you remind your girlfriend of just how much F/A's MAKE an hour (I just graduated airlinecareer.com and am 5 interviews into trying to be an F/A so far). I bet when she hears the average 17.00 USD starting wage for being an F/A she'll talk on the mic all night long **smiles**LOL Seriously though once you get that CFG figured out you will love your new panel. I use the heck out of mine and have already customized it with my own voice as well as a lady-friend that volunteered to voice for me.Another option is if you search AVSIM, someone released a "mod" for the LDS 767 with British voice files. I downloaded this and found the files to be so excellent that I am integrating them with this panel as well just for experimentation. It's as simple as renaming the files.I highly suggest getting her installed first (the panel that is) and getting comfortable with it. Once you are comfy with it, and know the file names well enough, modifying it to your liking is as easy as moving a sound file in and out of a folder :-)Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Popular panel = lots of answers from the FS community :-)

hi thanks for your post is their a specific way to install other recorded voices or my own. do i have to read a script, or can i say what i like. then this all goes in the fdfsx sound folder right?

Guest Knikolaes

You basicly say what you like. I recommend going as much by the scripts for the airline you are reenacting as possible, but I have always loved to reenact this one I heard on a flight once:"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for flying our flight from Phoenix to Las Angeles. We are now at our cruise altitude, and the seatbelt sign is now off. You are free to move about the cabin but I must ask that you please remain seatbelted when seated for your own safety. Unexpected turbulance can lead to some pretty bad injury -- which reminds me, folks, if there are any terrorists on this flight, please keep in mind that your first Officer is carring a .45 and I have a .9 mm hollowpoint that will put a hole in you the size of the Grand Canyon . . .WHICH by the way is coming up on the left, so we invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the flight."Hee hee. Right after 911 I believe it was Southwest Airlines that was announced on. I forget where the recording went, but it is hilarious and I immediately placed that in my "Reached Cruising Altitude" file.As for the file locations . . . I believe those are in the readme file of the panel download. Should be a set of sound waves that came with it. Just be sure you back up those files (I think they are mp3?) so you can revert back to originals if you dont like the result.

i got it to work but the volume is low, what do i do?btw it only works with 2d panel, its not even in the list with instrument views if i choose 737 vc and cabin.

I just realized the vc and cabin has its own panel so this is what i'm supposed to modify instead of the 2d panel.If i want to add or put my voice i need to put in the sound file in the place of the default right? Example 02_gate departure with 02_my voice gate departure.mp3 right the (02) is the most important part to tell the panel which mp3 file to activate?

Guest Knikolaes

Exactly :-) Well on the sound file part.As for the volumes I do not know and I have not tried to modify the CFG for the VC at all. Sorry :-(<>> To add: I believe if you search someone posted on AVSIM or somewhere a CFG that does this PMDG merge for you with this panel. Not sure though. Someone quote me if I am wrong?

OK cool thanks. As far as the panel goes when choosing a pmdg aircraft you have the 2d model only or combo 2d with vc and cabin to walk around. These are actually 2 different panels so the one you fly with is the one to modify, i did it and it was quite easy window xx needs to be added and then windowxx with all guages, don't forget the bmp picture needs to be placed in the panel folder, their is a new one out that matches the pmdg cockpit colors, more realistic than the brown one. Well you probably know all this but it might help someone else.However im still looking for an answer for the volume.Thanks!

OK cool thanks. As far as the panel goes when choosing a pmdg aircraft you have the 2d model only or combo 2d with vc and cabin to walk around. These are actually 2 different panels so the one you fly with is the one to modify, i did it and it was quite easy window xx needs to be added and then windowxx with all guages, don't forget the bmp picture needs to be placed in the panel folder, their is a new one out that matches the pmdg cockpit colors, more realistic than the brown one. Well you probably know all this but it might help someone else.However im still looking for an answer for the volume.Thanks!

Guest Knikolaes

As far as I know volume control is programmed right into the guage. Not sure there is even a way to adjust that.Glad you found the rest out though :-)

Hello, there is a way to adjust the volume. load the PMDG and when in the cockpit do the following... First go to windowed mode ALT ENTER KEY to avoid crash ( I had that ) Open the FDSX panel in the cockpit. Right click on one of the buttons. This will open a dialog box where the sound files are saved. you will see a volume control and also the option to loop it as well / EX: for cabin music. You can also select the sound file you want to assign for that button as well for new sound sets. Once you make your change to the volume or select another file, click open...and there you have it. You can now hit ALT ENTER to return to full screen.I hope this helped. I am a big user of this program, so if I can assist you in anyway, leave a post and I will respond a.s.a.p. Best regards, Moss1