Sign in to follow this  
Guest grohmann

Continuous Trim Sound PMDG Boeing 600/700 and 800/900

Guest grohmann

Hi PMDG Boeing 737 friends, I need help:After loading any of the 4 PMDG-B737 types-I purchased all of them online, thus no boxed versions-into the FS9 (FS 2004) and after engaging the Gen 1 and Gen 2 switches on the overhead panel to "on" the annoying trim sound starts and is continuously audible. It only can be switched off by - funny enough - putting the "R Recirc Fan" switch on the overhead panel from "auto" to "off". Did somebody experience the same problem? Any input, solution, etc?Note:I have installed all updates/upgrades of these planes offered by PMDG downloads/support.Trim setting is also ok (not out of trim for start)Thanks for any advice.ChristianLOWW

Christian,Are you sure you are not mixing up the trim sound with the recirc fan sound? ;-)Cheers,

Guest Knikolaes

Agreed -- the recirc fan has a very annoying sound, but I bet that is what you are hearing. The fan will start when you power up and will be gone if you turn the recirc fan off.I have to admit -- I cheat and turn the fan off myself when doing longer flights because the sound after a while starts to burn in my ears, but for realism purposes that is actually supposed to be there.Chris

I think he is but I must say that from time to time when trimming the aircraft manually the trimsound loops until I apply some trim in the opposite direction (guess that starts the sound again after killing whatever trimsound was playing at the time).

Guest grohmann

>Christian,>>Are you sure you are not mixing up the trim sound with the>recirc fan sound? ;-)>>Cheers,Of course I did not, it is the trim sound, which can also be verified and be checked in the sound/pmdg/737tng folder. However thanks to Paul Gollnick Manager - Technical/Customer Support OperationsPrecision Manuals Development Group - the problem seems to have been solved: deinstallation with the PMDG rempval tool, deleting all remaining files manually, complete new installation. Paul also said that he honestly already has heard about this "continuous trim sound problem".the true reason for this problem: unknown.RegardsChristianLOWW

Guest grohmann

Thanks for assistance: problem solved: deinstallation with PMDG removal tool, new installation....Hope it keeps operating as it should .regardschristianLOWW

Guest Knikolaes

Glad you found the issue and resolved it. Grats :-) Blue skies to ye :-)