Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomcollingwood

Newbie Tutorial Help Please! :o)

Guest tomcollingwood

Hi,Just purchased the 737 800/900 and I have to say it is the best aircraft I have ever seen for any FS, thank you to everyone involved in developing it!I am having trouble completing the tutorial correctly and could anyone help? the first problem I had was once I had prepared the aircraft for take off, the AT would not stay on? I would try to turn it on but it would switch off straight away and an error would come up on the pannel, I decided to load up the aircraft into the same airport with the engines running and did not have the same problem so I simply did the tutorial from that point instead but I must be doing something wrong for the AT not to work the first time??another 2 major problems came in the descent, I am asked to tune the NDB to 426.5 (MIQ) but I am not certain what this is or where to find it?Final problem is where it askes me to set the decision Altitude and Decision height, I understand which knobs I am meant to be turning but I cannot find anywhere the displayed information, it says I should see the values in green beneath the artificial horizon but I cannot see any figures at all?? is there some procedure that could have influenced this matter? I simply could not find any figures influenced by these knobs.One question if anyone has time is that during the flight, one is sometimes asked to tune the NAV radios to pickup certain VOR's etc...... how does one know where and when they have to do this if they are making a different flight? I understand pretty much what I am doing with the FMC from the tutorial but I dont know where I would obtain the radio information for these events, are they crucial?Thanks a lot for any advice!Tom

Guest meyomyx

Tom welcomeI'll try to be brief!AT problem - check your engine generators (on the overhead panel) are online rather than the APU generators.NDB is a non directional beacon. These are "dumb" radio beacons. You tune your ADF (Automatic Direction Finder) reciever to the frequency and, if you select one of the ADF/VOR switches top left of the glareshield to ADF, a blue pointer points toward the beacon. No distance info or anything like that - it just points! Your recievers are in the centre lower of the radio panel.DA/DH is altered and displayed using the top left knob - top left of glareshield. If you click on the + or - you should get the DA/DH info to the lower right of the pilots PFD along with a green line at DH on the altitude strip.Gasp - final point. You have 2 Nav recievers. Using an enroute chart, you can tune each one in sequence as you need to. So you can fly on a radial of the VOR Nav 1 is tuned to - look out for the next one and tune Nav 2. At some point you'll end up with a signal from both. At a suitable point, you can use this second VOR to fly a radial and re-tune Nav 1. The airway routes tend to link VOR beacons in this way. As a rough guide, try to make sure you have another VOR tuned before 150/170nm on the first one.Of course, IRS/INS/GPS is changing this slowly, and once you fly with the FMC and LNAV, your Nav frequencies are to confirm your route, cross check and eventually tune your ILS.

Guest Gunner

Hi Guys!I just installed the 737-800 on my system and it's great! Our daughter is a 737-800 co-pilot with Delta, and she is very impressed with how faithful the sim is. My Problem? I can't figger out how to "arm the autothrottles." Working through the tutorial (well done BTW) everything is great until I hit that point. Clicking on the autothrottle button causes the green "Arm" (I think it says) to flicker on the PFD but that's it. Needless to say autothrottle isn't engaged.What am I missing?As an FYI... I found the most recent 3 versions of Kensington Mouse Works causes a conflict with both FS9 and your jet. FS loads and changes screens very slowly and your jet won't load at all. Since FS9 has always worked that way I figgered it was a feature. By disabling the KMW "services" in XP it all works as advertised. I thought at first it might be something really strange about my system so I reformatted the hard drive, loaded FS and the jet, and it worked perfectly. After installing KMW the identical problem arose. That's when I disabled the services and thus was able to identify the problem.Thanks for another great product!-= Gunner =--= Jacksonivlle FL =--= www.tail-gunner.net =-

Guest meyomyx

umm - go up a thread and you have the answer :-)

Guest Gunner

>umm - go up a thread and you have the answer :-)Yeah, thanks Nick. I found that earlier today. Didn't see it last night when I posted.-= Gunner =--= Jacksonville FL =--= www.tail-gunner.net =-