Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

PMDG 737 epanded rose: ciphers allway upright - why?

Why are the ciphers in the PMDG 737 ND Expanded Rose always standing upright, when rotating. In the real world Boeing NDs the bases of the ciphers always point to the centre of the rose (like PMDG has modelled it in the full rose modes).I

Has really no one any idea?Wolfgang

Wolfgang,I know I have some problems understanding what you mean. Maybe some screenshots to try to explain it?Cheers,

Guest tmetzinger

>Wolfgang,>>I know I have some problems understanding what you mean. Maybe>some screenshots to try to explain it?>>Cheers,He means that the heading numbers on the compass rose are always oriented straight up and down in the ND, instead of being "fixed" to the arc, so that if you were flying north the 180 at the bottom of the rose would be upside down.compare this photohttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/665757/M/ With the PMDG ND. The numbers are oriented differently.I bet this is one of the things that Robert was referrring to when he said "I could do that so much better now".

Tim / Wolfgang-Actually no. ;-) The overhead panel is mine- the displays are Lefteris' territory.The digits on the expanded rose are vertical in order to preserve frame rates. It's one of a few areas where we make specific design decisions to alter the actual display in order to keep it from driving your machine to it's knees...Lefteris can give a better explanation as to the specifics, but he is traveling at the moment....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

(And now I am back :-))Yes - Robert is precisely right in his response. Further details: By rotating each pair of digits to match the angle of the expanded display's arc, we would introduce as many "matrix rotate" events in GDI+, which are notorious for eating up CPU cycles.As the PFD and ND displays are constantly updated, that would mean a constant drop in FPS that would be otherwise allocated elsewhere.I might look for another solution to this problem sometime, but for now, it's VERY low on my ever-growing list of "things-to-do".

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks Tim. I get it now! ;-)Cheers,

Thanks Lefteris and Robert for your explanation! This definitely makes sense!RegardsWolfgang