Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtheurer

Can't get my APU Generator switches to turn on

Guest wtheurer

Hello all. It seems as though I have come upon a problem that I can't solve, and I haven't been able to find anything about it in the forum.It seems as though when running through the cockpit acceptance checklist, if I test the fire warning systems BEFORE turning on the APU, I cannot get the APU Generators to switch on. If I do this test AFTER starting the APU, all is fine. I have switched the Standby Power to on BEFORE turning on the Battery, but i run into the snag when it comes to the APU Generator switches.What actually happens is that the APU GEN switches won't even move!!!Does anyone else have this problem, and is there any wisdom on how to solve it?Thanks...Wayne TheurerCOA442

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello all. It seems as though I have come upon a problem>that I can't solve, and I haven't been able to find anything>about it in the forum.>>It seems as though when running through the cockpit acceptance>checklist, if I test the fire warning systems BEFORE turning>on the APU, I cannot get the APU Generators to switch on. If>I do this test AFTER starting the APU, all is fine. I have>switched the Standby Power to on BEFORE turning on the>Battery, but i run into the snag when it comes to the APU>Generator switches.>>What actually happens is that the APU GEN switches won't even>move!!!>>Does anyone else have this problem, and is there any wisdom on>how to solve it?>>Thanks...>>Wayne Theurer>COA442I'll see if I can duplicate it when I get home tonight. You should hopefully have the battery on and the standby power switch on. Also, see if using ground power makes a difference.

Guest wtheurer

Thanks Tim for your quick reply.Yes, I have both the battery on and the standby power switch on as well. I tried turning on the Ground Power, but as with the APU Gen switches, I can hear them "click," but they do not move. No luck :(

Wayne, this is the first part of my 738 checklist through the fire check. Never had the problems you stated when I follow these procedures give it a try and see if works for you: Boeing 737-800 NG Procedures and checklistsFlight PreparationFlight Simulator 2004 Start FS Auto StartFS Add-Ons FS Real Time, Active Sky, AI ToggleFlight Simulator Add-Ons Radar ContactFuel and Weight & Balance Calculated and LoadedDoors and Stairs (Extend) D Key and/or Tab Key and C Key Cockpit Views Cycle ViewsReceiving AircraftBat and Standby Bus Bat 23volts minimum On and AutoWindow & Probe Heat/Hyd Switches OffCab-Util &IFE System OnFuel Pumps OffGround Power Switch OnAC Voltmeter Switch Ground PowerDC Voltmeter Switch BatLogo Lights OnPosition Lights OnAPU Bleed Switch OffEng1 & Eng2 Bleed Switches OnEquip Cooling Switches Verify NormalRecirculation Fan AutoIsolation Valve AutoTemperature Selectors and Trim Air Verify Auto and OnAir Temp Selector Supply DuctStby Hyd Annunciator Lights Verify OffFlt Control A & B Verify OnLow Pressure Annunciator Lights Verify OnAlt Flaps Master Switch Verify ArmAlt Flaps Control Switch Verify OffSpoiler A&B Switches Verify OnYaw Damper OnVHF Nav, IRS Panel Switches Verify NormalFuel Valve Closed Ann, Lights Verify OnFuel Cross Feed Valve ClosedTR1,TR2, TR3 Units Test/Verify 24 VEmergency Exit Lights ArmedNo Smoking Switch/Fasten Seat Belts Swith OnATIS Call Radar Contact CallAltimeter Set Set Current PressureStandby Altimeter Set Very SameRequest Clearnace Radar Contact CallAttendant Call Passenger BoardWindow Heat Power TestWindow Heat 1-4 All OnProbe Static Heat Switches Test (TAT Test) and OffWing Anti-Ice Switch Test for Valve Open Lights, Then OffEngine Anti-Ice Switch Test for Valve Open Lights, Then OffHydraulic Pumps Eng 1 & 2 Verify OnHydraulics Electric Pumps A Elect Off, B Elect. OnCockpit Voice Recorder TestEngine Start Switches 1 & 2 Verify OffPressurization Mode Selector Verify AutoStandby ADI ILS and Bcrs TestFlap Lever Verify UpOverheat Detection TestFire Warning System TestFuel Cutoff Switches OffBob

Guest tmetzinger

>>I'll see if I can duplicate it when I get home tonight. You>should hopefully have the battery on and the standby power>switch on. Also, see if using ground power makes a>difference.>With my system - 6/7/8/9 - I was able to turn on the battery and standby power switch, then press the test button for the fire warning system - got the bell and the lights. Then I went to the main panel and pressed the button to stop the bell, and went to the overhead panel. I WAS able to start the APU - no problems.If you don't have the 8/9 update, this may be a fix to that version.Just FYI, checking through a couple of real-world manuals - the fire warning tests are done AFTER ground power or APU power is applied, so if you adopt real-world procedures you shouldn't see this again.Best wishes.

Guest wtheurer

Thanks guys. I'll try again with APU started before fire tests.

Wayne, if you read the checklist I posted, the APU is NOT started when the fire warning check is done, just ground power is on. I hope this helps you solve your problem.Bob

Guest wtheurer

Okay, I have tried EVERYTHING, including a full uninstall AND reinstall of FS2Crew, PMDG and FS9. I tested the problem after the reinstall of PMDG and no issues, but when I installed FS2Crew I started having the same problems as before. Any other suggestions?Could it be a problem with FS2Crew?