Sign in to follow this  
Guest mc.kar

Homebuilt CDU

Guest mc.kar

Hello everyone.In this thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchE.W. has shown how to build a CDU for the 737NG. This has inspired me to such an extent that I'm now building one of my own along the lines that E.W. with an Xkeys matrix board and 5" LCD display connected via Video out on the graphics port.I will off course only present the CDU display window on the LCD monitor since I have all the keys in hardware. The next question is how do I present the visual outputs that are on the CDU display e.g. The exec button that illuminates when enabled. There are other indications on the cdu keyboard as well...but the exec button is of a little concern to me.I'm thinking that it would be nice if the output of the exec button could be exported to another gauge I could display somewhere else...The most elegant solution would of cours be to have a revised CDU visual output window that could display by a small dot or sign when the exec button is illuminated - something like the little K that comes on the CDU on another advanced FS9 addon product (which shall remian nameless here ;-) when the CDU is in "keyboard entry mode".I guess I will put that in the PMDG suggestion box...lol (hoping that some of them read this thread)The "basic" solution is of course to present the entire CDU on another monitor but that sort of goes against the idea of having a HW CDU.Gentlemen... Ideas suggestions are very welcomeBest regardsMichael Christiansen - Karup, Denmark

Guest E.W.

Hey, Great that I inspired you :-)I indeed didn't have the EXEC light build in. I just know when to push the button.The PMDG team just didn't give use the things to make a good in/out interface. Look how I had to do the inputs.......Some of the keys are programmable and other not ?!?!I hope they come with a patch after completing the 747.Let's pray :-)Erik Wachters