Sign in to follow this  
RogD

Pausing with PMDG 737 in Landing Replay Mode

Hi all,Notice distinct pauses or stutters <2 to 3 secs> when using FS9 replay [outside view] - daytime or nightime even and zoomed close or far and weather active or turned off - in normal 2d cockpit mode I am getting average of 20fps with pmdg 737 - which seems to present a fairly smooth environment while flying- thats even with most FS9 visual settings maxed out I have tried the recommended FS9 config file settings - but no change to the replay pauses. My hardware is reasonable - P4 3GHz / 1Gb Ram / ATI 9600 256 video card.Anyone got any ideas ?Use anti-virus but have tried the replay with it disabled and no difference.Am at a loss to understand thisCheers RogerEGPF

Roger-Are you using any Symantec virus/firewall products?I've used Norton for years, and during the 747-400 development I have been incredibly frustrated while looking for what appear to be code problems causing fps to cycle up and down while using the sim- only to find that the pauses are being caused by some Norton function or other.I began using some tool to track activity levels and found that Norton was heavy on memory usage, processor time and drive accesses.... all of which were leading to stuttering on the screen.I removed all Symantec products- replaced them with non Symantec versions of similar quality and now the problems are gone....(For what it is worth, my MSFS frame rates improved 80%, my load/unload times for our development software and debuggers were cut by almost 75%, and the computer boot up and shutdown times were reduced by about 66%......We may have completely different problems afoot- but i thought it was worth mentioning.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest meyomyx

Some time ago I came to the conclusion that Norton AV was a lot more trouble than it was worth. Mind you, the Firewall works well and appears to cause no problem.

Nick-I thought my problems would be solved by just removing NAV- but i found that they share so many common components it was hard to tell where one stops and the other starts....They make such a great suite of tools- it's a shame you have to string processors together in series in order to run them. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert:Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I used to have the whole Internet security suite from symantec installed - deleted it a few weeks back and replaced it with FSecure, but I am wondering now if there are maybe some bits left over from Symantec, as I am def having a few unusual probs with the XP OS in general - may now be time for a complete re-format and start again from scratch, as much as I hate the thought of the hassle involved.Using your products certainly brings a new level of truly stunning simming experience, so a wee personal thanks for all yours and the teams efforts in providing the 737 and Beech 1900 in my case.Thanks again.Roger - EGPF - Scotland.

Guest aarskringspier

Ill be hanging my head in shame as I walk into the lowly Symantec Building for work this Monday.