Sign in to follow this  

Need serious help with FS2002 after Upgrade

Thanxs for your answer!Hehe, I wasn't here because I shot my system to hell. At the time you have been looking here I was in the middle of another friggin reinstall ;)Sadly, that also means that I can exclude any possiple registry damage from the list of culprits. I'm not using any graphic tweakers either, just standard Detonators...and I tried 3 different Driver sets already.Seems my best bet is still the Service Pack. Thanxs for your help!

Oh hell, well...if any one is still reading this:The Service Pack did not cure anything. I only see two remaining options now:A) Either there is a hardware damage/incombatibility on Mobo or Card that prevents the card from using specific features in specific situations (sounds unlikely to me, to be honest).:( As we know, Nvidia Drivers support a good range of different options, to access them fully you need the Tweaker. It might be that the default driver installation comes activates options that are not combatible with my current system. These options are stored in the registry I think.Omega Drivers are standard Nvidia Drivers with different tweaking, so they might work. Or maybe the 30.30's might work as well. That is what current your problem, Alex...you changed a lot of deep hidden settings by installing Omega Drivers. U'll see if I can find the 30.30's this evening.

Guest gasebah

That is what I was thinking. I changed a lot of stuff with different tweakers. I am tending to the explanation that the Omega driver installation "repaired" some of those messed up settings. After that I could install the 30.30s without problems. And everything is o.k. now. As you are having exactly the same problem that I had, I tend to believe that the 30.30s can cure your problem. If not simply try what I did. You cannot really mess up stuff more than it already is :-).Cheers,Alex

Well, I CAN mess up stuff if I dont get that system to run DX 8.1 combatible...that's my biggest grief at the moment. The small errors in FS2002 aside, if I upgrade to DX 8.1 and have all kind of graphical errors I've lost.But trying the 30.30 definitly is possiple and will do that as soon as I'm at home. Maybe the other drivers just ship with wrong factory settings for my kind of Win 2000.**small edit**Alex, do you know if I need to be logged in as Administrator for installing Graphic Drivers? I'm using Win 2000 at home, normally under my standard username. But maybe the standard user created by Win2000 has not full write permission to the registry, thus not storing certain settings?

Hi Rs,In general during setup a win2k workstation even with his big brother the server version, the setup will ask if you would use the account also for the administrator account... (under server version slightly different)In your case if you aren't sure go to your desktop right click my computer and choose manage.The computer management console will start, here you can check different thinks...Go to the folder (they call it containers) Local Users and Groups...Go to groups and double click the administrator group, check if you see your logon name if yes you have administrator rights..In case of no click the add button and choose your user account...Tip if you change hardware reinstall always the installed / or latestservice pack... For trouble shooting check always first your event logfiles, you could save your log files and post them in the *.evt format...How to?In the same console as above choose the event viewer folder, here you see three folders called:- Application- Security- SystemRight click the following two folders Application/System and choose save file as.For example application021807.evt and system021807.evtThen we get in several minutes the total picture of your PC...We can start from here with little steps to help trouble shooting your problems...awfEHAM

André

Friends, I thank you all for your replys.I consider the problem gone.While I *still* have no menus in fullscreen mode, at least I have no image disortion any longer when using DX 8.1That means I will have to live with the small FS2002 bug, but at least I know that I *CAN* install the newest games without sending GFX Quality to hell.What solved it was a combination of Omega Drivers, 30.30 Drivers, DX 8,1, and a FS2002 reinstall. None of these alone would have worked. Thanxs for your time and help. Now, finally, my rig is running fully DX 8.1 combatible. And I got a speed increase, too.

If you have a VIA chipset you might want to upgrade your 4n1 drivers to 4.40 .You can get them at http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2Make sure you install the AGP in turbo mode or agp 4x will not work . If you have not already done so edit your bios settings for the best possible performance.Omega's driver page gives a good example of this.http://www.omegacorner.com/ .I do not think the problem is hardware related.The best thing to do is to a low level format AKA FDISK not just a reformat.If you did a upgrade to win2k from win98 I would indeed start over.Do a CLEAN install rather than a upgrade.It really just sounds like there is some conflict of software.I dout it's direct x .You might have left over driver files in your windows dir that is causing problems.Uninstall you drivers reboot .. do a windows search for the following nv*.* now delete anything nv that's left over,except of course for you new drivers.Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2