Sign in to follow this  
Guest mia

Problems with FS2004 and PMDG

Guest mia

HELLO!!Someone can help me, I

Guest Robin.B

Does it always crash? What kind of a strange noise is this? If you can provide some details maybe we'll be able to clear it up... :)

Guest mia

Dear Robin...Thank you for answering my message, I don

Santiago,The sound you are hearing could be due to your sund driver. Do you happen to have a Soundblaster Live sound card? You may do a search for Soundblaster Live on this forum. There has been a multitude of posts about that.Regarding your screenshot. That seems to be a video driver issue. What video card do you use and what driver do you have installed.Hope it helps,

Guest mia

Dear Maths...Where can I find the information about soundblaster Live?, I

Santiago,Verify that your direct X version is the latest - which is 9.0c or d as your video card is a fairly old one. Also, FS2002 works fine because it does not need the latest drivers for sound and video (including latest direct x).To verify you direct X version, in windows, click START-RUN then type DXDIAG in the little "run" window to bring up the direct x diagnostic tool. It has various tabs for verifying your DX version and if your video and sound drivers are working OK.To get the latest directX drives from Microsoft, go to HTTP://WWW.MICROSOFT.COM/DIRECTX.For soundblaster Live! card, go to HTTP://WWW.SOUNDBLASTER.COM or CREATIVELABS.COM.John

Guest meyomyx

This might not be applicable to your problem BUTThe temporary screen corruptions (bits of windows "missing") seem to happen to nVidia users occasionslly. Both my 5700 and my 6800GT do it. It isn't a problem really BUT I've noticed that it only happens when anisotropic filtering and antialiasing are manually set rather than "software controlled".Don't know why

>This might not be applicable to your problem BUT>>The temporary screen corruptions (bits of windows "missing")>seem to happen to nVidia users occasionslly. Both my 5700 and>my 6800GT do it. It isn't a problem really BUT I've noticed>that it only happens when anisotropic filtering and>antialiasing are manually set rather than "software>controlled".>>Don't know whyNick: Thanks for the post. I was just using the search feature for the same problem. I get little "mini windows" while the AIRAC data is loading.Does your navdata happen to load very slow when this occurs as well?I'll play with the AA and AF settings on your advice.Thanks again,BobKMEM

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World