Sign in to follow this  
Guest reggaefl

FMS Errors "err at FIX, line 111"

Guest reggaefl

Hey Everyone,I am having problems with the PMDG 737-600/700 FMS. I have downloaded the latest AIRAC (0504) and PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT. I installed the AIRAC first, then copied all the SIDS/STARS into the fs9/pmdg/sidstars folder. Now when I try and put in route information in the FMS, it gives errors for every airport i put in. For example:KJFK "err at FIX, line 112." KMCO "err at TRANSITION, line 126."KSLC "err at TRANSITION, line 138."KPIH "err at APPROACHES, line 49."Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.ThanksJD

Guest stang

Hi JD. JD your name?>PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT. What is this file? I don't recognize the filename if that is the filename. Where did you get the file?>I installed the AIRAC first, then>copied all the SIDS/STARS into the fs9/pmdg/sidstars folder.Sounds like you installed OK. >KJFK "err at FIX, line 112." >KMCO "err at TRANSITION, line 126.">KSLC "err at TRANSITION, line 138.">KPIH "err at APPROACHES, line 49."Not knowing what your source file is it is hard to say what is wrong but these errors are typically caused by syntax errors. You look at and around the line numbers listed to find the error. You may also simply have gotten a bad download or unzip.RegardsTerry

Guest reggaefl

>Hi JD. JD your name?For starters, allow me to introduce myself...I'm JD.Next, >>PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT. >>What is this file? I don't recognize the filename if that is>the filename. Where did you get the file?The file was downloaded from http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads.htmThat's the only location I could find the SIDS/STARS for PMDG.Thanks,JD

Guest Erups

>For starters, allow me to introduce myself...I'm JD.The forum rules posted and pinned by PMDG request each user sign his real name on every post in this forum.Don't know if JD is good or if you should sign your entire name (But i think the second).>The file was downloaded from>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads.htm>That's the only location I could find the SIDS/STARS for>PMDG.I suggest you download the file available at www.navdata.at as it should be uptodate while the one you downloaded is pretty hold.

Guest reggaefl

>The forum rules posted and pinned by PMDG request each user>sign his real name on every post in this forum.>Don't know if JD is good or if you should sign your entire>name (But i think the second).>I apologize for the misunderstanding. I had just seen very few people post first and last names. I will make sure to do it in the future.>>I suggest you download the file available at www.navdata.at as>it should be uptodate while the one you downloaded is pretty>hold.>The one I was able to find on navdata.com only contained about 9 U.S. airports' SID/STARS. Am I missing a full download somewhere?Thanks,JD Schroeder

>>I suggest you download the file available at www.navdata.at>as>>it should be uptodate while the one you downloaded is pretty>>hold.>>Claudio, no sorry, it isn't. This file is Terry's "PMDG Procedures_0504" and is up to date.JD, I just tried the procedure files you mentioned and they are OK. That is with Airac_0504 and PMDG_Procedures_0504.I suspect there must be something with your airac installation, but I'm not sure. Can you confirm that you have the files on the pic below and with the same date in your fs9/fmcwp/navdata folder and just these?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/114854.jpgCan you also open up the sid/star files you mentioned and verify that the header start with:// Derived from DAFIF cycle 0504.// Valid 14 Apr 2005 to 11 May 2005.//// Copyright 4/13/2005 by Terry Yingling>>The one I was able to find on navdata.com only contained about 9 U.S. airports' SID/STARS. Am I missing a full download somewhere?>>>>Yes you are, there is an "All-in-one" file for download which contain all useruploads to navdata.I also suggest you take a look at the following thread to get some background for the structure of the airac-sid/star setup and installation:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=7&mode=full

Guest Erups

>Claudio, no sorry, it isn't. This file is Terry's "PMDG>Procedures_0504" and is up to date.Sorry for the error then.

Guest stang

Hello JD>The one I was able to find on navdata.com only contained about>9 U.S. airports' SID/STARS. Am I missing a full download>somewhere?To clear this part up please read the " Updating Terminal Procedures explained.txt" file that came with the procedures you downloaded. It should explain what is going on with respect to updating your procedures and who supplies what.Now as for the errors you are getting. As I previously said, these errors are typically caused by syntax errors, however, I just downloaded that file you mentioned getting from the PMDG site and it is my file under a different name so I tested it 100% again for syntax errors and found none. I am not sure what is going on. When this happens the normal thing to troubleshoot is the installations. You might try these things to see if it fixes your situation.1. Re-download the PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT.ZIP file. Do a test on that file. With the zip program I use you would open that file and then press the SHFT and T keys. This starts an integrity test and will tell you if there were any errors in the file you downloaded. 2. Delete all the airport files in the FSPMDGSIDSTARS folder and reload the airport files from the PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT.ZIP file. NOTE: The SIDs/STARs/IAPs are in a sub zip file called PMDG_Procedures_0504.zip so you need to unzip that one into the FSPMDGSIDSTARS folder. Verify that there are 1681 files in the FSPMDGSIDSTARS folder.I'm thinking that should fix it for you. You may not have realized that there was a sub-zip file within the PMDG_SIDSTARS_MOST_CURRENT.ZIP file. If you did not then you did not update the old original files that did have syntax errors.Hope this helps. Feel free to visit the Terminal Procedures forum here at avsim.com if you have more problems with the terminal procedures.RegardsTerry

Guest reggaefl

Thank you Terry!Somehow through removing all the information, redownloading, and reinstalling it worked. I appreciate all your help!JD Schroeder