Sign in to follow this  
Guest Armstrang

System Requirements for the new Heavies

Guest Armstrang

Just out of curiosity, are the system requirements for the B747 and MD-11 correct? I inquired about the new PSS B777/B757 requirements, and they told me they would be "about like the Concorde". When I looked those up, they were way out of my league. I hope the requirements for the new PSS planes are listed correctly. If they are, I can still look forward to the new planes without a computer upgrade.Meanwhile, I am enjoying the two B1900 packages very much.Regards - Steve

Steve-to give you an idea-the PMDG 747-400 runs at 25-30FPS on my computer, in debug mode, with the debugger running, and a gazillion other services/programs in the background.My PC Specs:3.0GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, GeForce FX5900 256MB, average-speed hard drives.Most everyone else should be getting better performance than me, when the release version comes out, as it will be optimized etc.Hope this helps!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Armstrang

Thanks. I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a 1.8Ghz CPU, 32mb video card, and 512 mb RAM. The PMDG B747/MD-11 are the only future heavy products that list system requirements I can use.Regards - Steve

Guest FattyBear

Steve... I have a similar 8200 with a 2.0 ghz CPU and a 64mb Radeon 9000 M and 1gb ram. The PMDG NG runs bad on mine, but how does it run on yours? (if you have the NG, of course :))

Guest Armstrang

ALEX - I don't have the NG. The B1900's run fine. The DF 727, the Archer, Cardinal, 441, and 310 run fine. The Eaglesoft BJ and Hawker run OK. I quit using the FSD planes. If I upgrade, that will be like Christmas.I have been fooling around with the PSS Dash-8 and A340, both of which run very well. I was hoping for a full-featured heavy that would work on my machine, but it looks like SOL time. There is a lot to enjoy, still. I have no legitimate gripes beyond my wah-wah's.Regards - Steve

>>Radeon 9000 M and 1gb ram. The PMDG NG runs bad on mine, but>how does it run on yours? (if you have the NG, of course :))Your video card is your significant bottleneck here.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg