Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ra

737 800/900 elevator trim bug/problem.

Guest Ra

I posted this before but did not get an answer to the problem issue.first how this has been setup, I had this issue so decided to try the fololowing to make sure of my facts, I uninstalled pmdg 737 800/900 from the uninstaller that came on the cdrom, I then uninstalled FS2004.I rebooted and defraged the drive, check the file system , then reinstalled fs2004 and pmdg fresh. I changed nothing just runing as it was installed, the issue was still there.the issue is this.when I attempt to move the elevator trim wheel I here a noise like a demented cash register and the trim moves forward a bit and then back. at this point all i have done is enter the aircraft I have not turned on any thing however the trim is under some sort of other control, I worked this out because the following happens.I get the plane off the ground and turn back for a landing.I set the auto throttel to about 150 and engage the ap and a/t.I land the at disengauges but the cmd light on the ap is still lit.now I can move the trim wheel as I would expect to ie it moves and stays there , still get the noise when it moves so I guess thats supposed to be there.now as soon as I press the ap cmd switch it uniluminates , now the trim behavor retuns to the problem.so is there somthing controling the trim wheel that I need to turn off that I am missing or is this a problem requiring my to return the product to the shop. if I get the chance later I am going to put this on a different computer system to see if thats it I run XP pro on this system, I have already tried different joysticks even no joystick at all. Steven Ward

Steven,A quick and dirty answer. Most of it has been answered and can be found here in the forum using the eminent search functionality.Yes. The noise is the speed trim motor and gears. No. You are not supposed to touch the trim while on A/P. This will disengage the A/PYes. The trim can appear a bit jerky. But is by design. If you trim a lot you will see that it actually moves. This was done because FS9 trim is too crude.Yes. The A/P will be lit even if A/T is disengaged. You have to manually disengage the A/P. On a two channel landing it will disconnect though.Hope it helps a bit,

Guest Ra

Thanks for this information it does help with most of it , I do love this simm, I could almost accept the "MS trim is crude" explanation except for one thing, As I said in the first post I can through some odd practices get it to work ie. when landed with the CMD light lit and looking at the trim wheel from the VC I press the trim up button and the wheel smothly rotates round and round with the trim indicator moving smothly in the direction of trim, but as soon as I press the CMD button ( becomes unlit) the trim goes back to the steppy iratic back and forth mode, however if your right about the pmdg trim being ment to be like this then the other after landing behavor would be wrong, still the thing flys, no matter how hard I try I can not get the trim out of the green bar with the issue , when I have the CMD light lit on the gorund however I can.so there are two types of trim wheel behavour here I just whish I knew how to switch between them.once again thanks for the help and information.