Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

clean up

Guest A32X

I've got lots of gauges I don't use in the MSFS gauge ddirectory. Is this slowing my PC down? Also, having lots of aircraft in flightsim slows me down too? I'd like to know how to improve the 'fps' on my machine. Has anyone got any ideas or gauge cleaning utilities etc?Many Thanks,

First the good news - having loads of gauges and planes won't by themselves slow down FS2002. However, they will use up your HD space and maybe slow down the speed at which you can select a new plane.If you want to "clean house" I can recommend JabGau98 It does work in FS2002, although as it was designed for FS98 it reports "missing" those gauges that remain zipped up within the FS2002Gauges folder. It does, however, remove gauges not being used and moves them to an archive directory within FS2002Gauges. If you're interested I can e-mail you the file (1.8Mb)As for speeding up your frame rates, all the following will help:1) Shut down any PC process you don't need, to maximize processor power2) More RAM (256Mb good, 512Mb better !)3) Faster processor4) Defrag your HDYou don't actually need frame rates more than about 20fps. If you lock it at this rate you allow the program to use any extra processing power to improve graphics display.

Guest A32X

Thanks for the advice, if you could send me 'JabGau98' I'd be very grateful.Thankspaulwilson99@blueyonder.co.uk