Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panman

The final straw - i believe I have exhausted all options.

Guest Panman

Last week I posted a message highlighting the problems I had contacting support@precisionmanuals.com. Robert Randazzo replied and I replied twice to him in that thread since then to no avail. I also sent a copy to him of the email that I sent to support@precisionmanuals.com, as both a private message, and an email (using the email user function of the forum).I have also sent emails to updateme@precisionmanuals.com and today I sent emails to both updateme and support via my pipex email address (aqqi00 at dsl dot pipex dot com).Given that I am not a thief and the tone of Mr. Randazzo's reply had me feeling as if I had somehow gotten the PMDG NG series for free, when in fact I had to give the money to a friend to put on his credit card; the steps I have taken to show that I am in fact a genuine customer; the lack of any response from all the avenues I have taken (spam filters aside); my frustration has reached boiling point and I definately will not be doing any business with PMDG in the future. I have wasted over $50 USD....

Well....Since you have taken the reputation of PMDG, our tech support staff and me personally to task publicly... I suppose it warrants a reply...I have sent to you no fewer than 9 email seeking information and clarification so that I may help you.I receieved email from you directly, that was answered approximately 30 seconds after it's arrival.I cannot help you because you are unable/incapable/unwilling to adjust, fix or find your spam filter....We do our best to support every PMDG customer- and the suggestion that we might simply ignore you is rediculous and insulting. You received a reply directly from me- here in this forum... and you say that our inability to help you is the "last straw?"I'm sorry if my frustration with you insults you- but after bending over backward to find an order that did not exist in your name, having received questionable information about using credit cards not in your name- and yet continueing to find a solution for you- I don't feel that I need to accept a slapping around....Lets be candid: Your order expanation is questionable- and at best uncommon. Rather than simply ignore you- as is our right- i have tried to help you.I'm am through, now, however.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Panman

To which email address did you send those 9 replies,I have been in contact with Ian everyday since my original post and he has checked his account and received nothing from you. What email address are you sending from. I have received nothing from anything "@precisionmanuals.com" and neither has he and yes we both have been checking our bulk mail folders as yahoo has a habit of putting valid emails in there. I have just been in contact with Ian again and he is going to check.I have no spam filters, neither does he.And you continue to insinuate that I am a thief now by putting in "questionable" credit card info, when the text that I cut and paste from the email/pm that I sent to you included detailed information about the purchase and the two confirmation emails that were received at the time of purchase of both the 600/700 and the 800/900.Aaron-oOo-

Guest mruane

Hi AaronI have been involved in making a PMDG purchase for a colleague who was not able to purchase using his credit card. In our case, there was a relatively simple procedure that I (as the purchaser) had to follow so that my colleague (the owner) could be recognised as a valid PMDG customer. Are you certain that your friend followed those steps, which simply involved letting PMDG know what was going on at the time of purchase (if I remember correctly), so that your details are properly recorded.I know that in my case, I did not have any issues or problems at all and that makes me think that perhaps your friend may not have followed the procedures.I suggest that you discuss this with your friend and then approach PMDG again, but this time privately.Just a thought!

I'd guess that this friend would need to contact PMDG to let them know to move the license over to another person.Anyone can claim that a "friend" purchased it for them, even provide a real name.If manufacturers were to grant all such claims there's no end in sight to the problems.Maybe I'll claim Aaron purchased the 737 for me, then cry foul when PMDG can't find a purchase record...

Guest mruane

Of course, you are correct. It is up to the person who actually paid to arrange for the details to be transferred. If his "friend" has not done that, then how is anyone to know what is going on.I guess he and his benefactor will sort this out eventually - if common sense prevails, otherwise he misses out on a nice piece of kit!

Guest Panman

Jwenting you prove time and time again that you are an idiot that types before he thinks.You can claim that I purchased whatever you want, just dont forget to add the order confirmation number, password and download link.Aaron-oOo-

Guest Panman

I have taken your advice and Ian is emailing them with his details and with a cut n' paste of the email that I sent.Aaron-oOo-

I guess you didn't read what I wrote... You come in here claiming some friend bought the product for you and now you can't download it.That can only mean you don't have correct information to download it, information your friend would have provided you...Apparently your friend either didn't provide the information correctly or he doesn't exist.In the first case the problem is between you and your friend, in the second case the problem is yours alone.From your entire attitude here it seems likely you definitely have a problem. Whether that problem is a lack of friends I can't tell.

Notice to all involved:Regardless of the problem at hand, we will not tolerate accusations or foul language between people in this forum. Should this situation continue, we will take more drastic measures to stop it.Consider this a fair warning. Please behave properly and respect your peers.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Just a thought, does you ISP have a spam filter? Are they blocking PMDG e-mail. It has happened to others.

Guest Panman

George,That is another valid point that I will chase up, though in this instance I will need to ask yahoo if they filter it. Pipex doesn't as I finally received an email on my pipex account from Paul Gollnick this morning, hopefully the situation is drawing to an end.Aaron-oOo-

Guest pwoods

I have had nothing but a GREAT experience in both the purchase and follow up from PMDG. They produce a QUALITY product at a good price, and offer timely support for ANY question about -- Not only their fine software-- but often give general insight about FS2004 and other add ons. Just look through this forum for two minutes and you will realize just how attentive PMDG is to their customers.The subject of your original post is "The Final Straw-I believe I have exhausted all options". Well, I can think of one more option you may want to try. How about purchasing the product legitimately, using your own valid credit card, as is convention. Frankly, the odor coming from your tale of a philanthropic mystery friend has me thinking of seafood for lunch. One man's opinion.Paul W.

Quite agree. I have only needed technical help twice (both due to computer problems) PMDG were first class in their help!I have found not only supreme products but also excellent customer service!Keep it up PMDG!!Regards