Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVA1966

The great Exparment

Guest DVA1966

A few days ago, I did an exparment with the PMDG 737. The exparment was I had to get from KATL-LFPG, and land with fuel. With a little playing with the weather, not much, I was able to get from KATL- Orly field after I realised it would take too long to go around, and I was on the glide slope for one of the runways at Orly. That is in Paris for those who don't know. I am expecting to get a letter from Delta Virtual Airlines Management about endangering the lives of Passengers.Just thought that you would find it interesting. Only a 50 knot tail wind.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest ZOTAN

Well I flew backwards in the 739 the other day. Set up a flight at KSEA, put a 200 knot headwind, and away I go! It was pretty fun actually. You just pull back on the stick while sitting there and you lift off.

Almost did this once in real life in a C150 with my instructor. Full flaps, slow flight mode, with an IAS of about 50 kts if I recall and dead into the wind at about 2000 AGL. Looked out the window and we were essentially standing still, or at best had a GS of about 5-10 kts. Mike

Guest TrafficTraffic

I was practicing slow flight under the hood with my instructor one time in a 172 when he said, "take off the hood and look." We were going 5kts backwards according to the GPS groundspeed. That sure looked strange out the window to see the ground scrolling back to front. We actually had to leave slow flight to avoid being pushed back into Boston's Class Bravo.That day it was blowing about 55kts up at only 4000ft.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)