Sign in to follow this  
grajay

737NG FMC question

OK - please don't flame me, but can someone please point me at the appropriate manual to read to answer this question?I've got the FMC working fine - I got the a/p engaged after take off and all is working tickety-boo - then ATC says (whilst I'm part way through the SID) to fly direct to such and such waypoint passing at such and such altitude (usually the w/p at the end of the SID). I just can't figure how to do this and then pick up the flightplan in the FMC because I've had to resort to flying the aircraft manually when I try to return to the flightplan, because I've passed various waypoints etc. Similarly when I am approaching an airport and I get a course change to say overfly an NDB at a particular height.I'd just appreciate a pointer at the correct document to read - however if you'd like to expand and save me the trouble........:-)Thanks in advance for any help.

If the fix is in the plan, just click on it and then on LSK1 to active direct-to mode after which the fix will be picked up automatically.If it's not in the plan, insert it before the waypoint you want to go to after that fix and then follow the above procedure.Set altitude and speed for that fix in the regular fashion (ALT/SPD on the scratchpad and then the appropriate RSK).

Thank you very much indeed - so simple when you know how.