Sign in to follow this  
teofilo

Panel Flickering when on the ground

Hey guys!! I don't know if you've heard of this before but everytime I have my 737-700 or 800 parked at the airport and turn on the panel light at night, the panel flickers completely every 10 seconds.It's very annoying and I was wondering if there is a fix for this.When I am flying at night I usually don't get that much flickering but when I am on the ground the panel flickers every few seconds.Please let me know if there is a fix for this. I have the latest video driver for my 128MB ATI RADEON card.Thanks much in advance,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest stingray_077

Hi Teo.Well,I haven't had any problem with the NG itself.Usually this flickering is caused by other add-ons(for instance the last Beta version of FSMetar),where disabling the "render to texture" option is suggested as a solution.So try disabling "render to texture" from the display options and see what happens!Best of luck :)____________________________Georgios Arkouzis http://www.ivao.org/data/images/flags/waving/small/GR.gif SX077http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg_______________________________

I have ActiveSky 2004. Maybe there might be something making conflict. I will try disabling the Render to Texture to see if it makes a difference.Regards,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

I have experienced the flicker with active sky when it updates the weather. I am not seeing the problem every ten seconds though, more like a few times in a one hour flight. Are you experiencing this while flying on-line? If so, be sure to turn off weather updates from SB. I have experienced the problem more frequently when SB is updating the weather. Also, I have experienced this problem with other add-on aircraft (not specific to the NG).If you do a search in the active sky support forum (and here) you can find further information concerning the issue. If I remember correctly the problem gets worse on lower end PCs.

Cool, I disabled "Render to texture" inside display and that seemed to take care of the problem.Another issue I am having if you can help is that no matter how powerful my computer is, FS2004's framerate is still not 100% smooth. Is there a way to tweak FS2004 so it runs smooth. Does it make a difference if I move the "Target Framerate" up a bit?I use FS2004 with Squawkbox 3, Active Sky and also FS Real Time to synchronize real time with FS2004 every few mins.I only use my computer for FS2004, nothing else. It's a P4, 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB disc, 128MB Video and a 17 inch monitor.I'm just looking for a way to give FS2004 all the priority it needs for flight and for it to run smoothly.Let me know if you can help.Thanks much,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

FYI: Turning of render to texture may have other side effects concerning image quality. Again try doing a search for further information. I turned it off and decided to live with the flickering.Concerning the infamous "Stuttering", there have been extensive discussions in the MSFS forum (also concerning FS performance in general). Try doing a search and you will find an extensive library of suggestions.