Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Telluride re-paint for the 1900D

Guest kingairvols

As many know Great Lakes Airlines fly's into a lot of the smaller and often harder to reach resorts and towns in the Rocky Mountains as well as Iowa and the other states they serve.They have somthing like 32 1900D Beechcraft and about 6 EMB T=props. I saw on the file Library here that someone re-painted a model 1900D in the "Fly Telluride" and "Grand Teton" themes. However the re-paint was for a 1900D thats ment to be used as AI aircraft.The file name was htai_gla_b1900d_pack2.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 30th April 2005 They did a good job.I was wanting to know if we could get a re-paint for our 1900D's in these two themes.I enjoy flying the "feeder routes (virtual) and would really like the two paint jobs to be added. I have never made any scenery or anything and am often lucky to get add on's to work. One of the reasons I really enjoy the re-paints here a PMDG, ie...auto-install.LOL.All I knew to do was bring the subject up in hopes of a way to accomplish this. I will be happy to help in any way I can.Thank's in advance for any ideas and help in this effort.Mark.

Guest Knikolaes

I live here in Pueblo, CO and GLA is our only airline, so I have taken to having their paints in my sim.I will immediately look at those paints and see if I can attempt to do them using the copy of the paint kit that I have **smiles**I have to sleep for now though. Worked all night and just got through releasing the B1900C for UPSVAC on AVSIM.Email me and I'll be sure to let you know when I upload any GLA schemes.cndittmar@guildofdarkhaven.orgTake care,Chris<<>>I downloaded that AI file. I really do like those tails and actually had not seen them before now. I will also get some photos off airliners.net and make that my project for tomorrow **smiles**The absolute latest I will have these done will be next week on TUE or WED because those are my next days off. If things block me from doing these paints before then, they WILL be done then :-)Thanks for the lead and the great idea.You also said you like to do feeder routes, I just uploaded a UPS Feeder for UPSVAC that might peak your interest for the 1900C. However if the 1900D is the only model you have, I have a person file for UPSVAC I have here I can email to you if you want it.Be safe,Chris

Guest Knikolaes

Good news. All that bloody sugar that I ate trying to stay awake doing the UPSVAC project lingered, so I did both of those tails for you. I will upload them to the AVSIM library as soon as I post this, so if you get this and do not see the paints on the library yet, they may not have made the upload cycle yet. They should be up by tonight at the latest.I am also about to do the dinosaur real quick.I used the "Devils Tower" textures by PMDG as a base (Don't worry, PMDG I will place proper credit in the readme **smiles**) so you will need those and, of course, a licensed copy of the 1900D for your enjoyment.Enjoy.Chris<<>>> -- to add -- use the search term "Dittmar" -- that will bring up anything I uploaded. Sorry I forgot to add that originally. The textures are all now uploaded and should go live with the next upload cycle.

The UPS repaint looks good, but are you planning on doing a regular UPS repaint possibly? I love feeder routes and would enjoy having another livery to the list

Guest Knikolaes

Actually I do plan to release a V2 soon. :-)It will be a regular livery and not a VAC version :-)Chris

Guest kingairvols

Hello Cris,I really appreciate sharring your skills and working with the TEXtheme on the plane.I have several comments on some of your statments, to keep things simple I will address the "Fly Telluride" and "Teetons" first.First, on the KTEX web siteyou will find a nice large shoot of the "Fly Telluride livery. You may already be aware of this but just in xase. The web site is Tellurideairport.com easy enough, and keeping things simple, (know wonder I enjoy spending time there, LOL). I wnted to know if the re-paint will be self extracting like the other's from the PMDG site. Agian, i am not the swiftest at messing around inside if folders, config files and the like, getting better nut a long way to go.Second, in regards to Telluride's Airport (agian you may already be aware of this)there is a quick link to the carriers that sevice the Airport along with the specific time tables for the particular season. Also, the Airport Commision there has presented expansion plans for the facility along with quick links to the drawings and specs. Belive it or not they are looking to add lengh to the Runway, yes lengh, I had to re-read twice, LOL. They are talking bulkheads and large amounts of fill. It should intresting. As you know the weather there really eats into scheduled service durring the ski season. With the lenght they hope to reduce this (deverting to another airport)a bit. I konw for know when you fly into there they go ahead and tell you to plan for a shutle ride to Cortez, Durango and the like. So I am sure these (deversion airports will try and to throw up road blocks to the expansion as to protect the income the recive from the deverted pasanger. When you look at a sectional of the area there are A LOT of airports in close proximity that recive commerical traffc. Any way thats some of the thought on the subject. But I hope the web site and its links are helpful.In regards to GLA, I followed a link to the GLA home page and read this history of the Airline and its pretty cool in my opinion. You mentioned Vatsim and also some other feeder routes. I was wanting to know if we could jump on Team Speak. The reason is over the last couple of years I have posted a few questions (other related sites) and think the verbal communication would save a buch of typing.About the 1900C, I was looking to get it. I e-mailed the PMDG guys and asked if the modles would reflect the real world performance differences between the 1900C and 1900D. The spec sheets show the two models are different in performance, not a lot but different. They informed me the visual was the difference (winglets ect...) But as we discussed I enjoy the feeder routes and having a cargo version in the Hanger will ne a added job or two. By the way let me know if we need to coordinate on e-mail or what ever, if you are open to a few minutes on Team Speak.I would like to learn more of the V-airline you work with. Also, if I read the GLA site correctly they fly 40 some 1900D's and four EMB's. Gotta love those Beechcraft T-Props.Agian thanks for you help and hard work in reguards to the livery. I hope I can re-pay the effort soon.Take care,Mark.P.S. On the Airlines web site if you search CO (drop down) and them type Telluride in the key word box there are some fantastic photo's of approaches into runway 9 along with other shoots of the mesa as well as the old Sheraton "Down town" If any issues finding them and your intrested let me know and I get the exact path on the site for you.

Guest Knikolaes

Well, unfortunately I got into a lot of trouble and I am having to recall that GLA project. I forgot to include the tail artists' credits in the readme and they got on me pretty harsh about it. T'was a logistical error I could have corrected, but I did not ask. I could see clearly by the way the email was written to me that I was to take down the repaint and not even bother fixing the credits.As a result, I am going to recluse from uploading any more works on AVSIM. It's just not worth people coming at me with legal matters and copywrite issues.PMDG was awesome and cool about their end, but then again I included their credits. I forgot the other guy (I was half asleep when I did the readme) and he got seriously upset. His email was short, but it got the point across that I was not welcome to use his work with or without the proper credentials in the readme.To him I publicly apologize that i forgot the credit in the readme. If he followed this thread I would presume it would have been known that my intention was not to claim any "art" as my own, but rather to just "fit" textures onto the PMDG Express for PMDG users to enjoy the same livery as the wonderful AI project that was released by the individual. You were right, he did do an awesome job and I just wanted to merge that wonderful work with the PMDG Express.If you still want to chat about me doing some personal liveries for you, I am open to this and am more than happy to do so, but I will need to arrange direct transfer of the textures that I do as I will no longer be uploading to AVSIM.To Steve Tran -- my apologies -- I did not mean to offend you so badly with my bad error of forgetting your end in my readme. I have sent a letter to AVSIM and having them remove the PMDG upload I did immediately. I did, however, agree with Mark that your release was wonderful and was anxious to merge the artwork onto the PMDG Express.Chris

Guest Knikolaes

>The UPS repaint looks good, but are you planning on doing a>regular UPS repaint possibly? I love feeder routes and would>enjoy having another livery to the listI was going to, Alex, but considering the mess I just got myself into I doubt I will be releasing any more repaints anytime soon -- at least publicly. If you want I will do a version of my V2 UPSVAC livery into a regular UPS livery and email it to you. Just a matter of placing one of the UPS Logos I have here from the UPS web site onto the tail instead of the UPSVAC version and removing the feeder logo (which is exclusive to UPSVAC).Just an FYI -- UPS does NOT fly B1900's in real life. The entire concept of any UPS entity having the B1900 at all is purely exclusive to UPSVAC as a virtual airline, as this is something they created as a means of expanding possibilities for their VA Pilots. In real life B1900's are flown by contractors with no particular livery that fly packages for UPS, so most realisticly one would look on AVSIM and find a B1900 that was contracted to fly for UPS, and paint that livery instead.Most of those livery variations are private and generic liveries.However if it is the definate UPS style livery you want for you own enjoyment, I am sure I can work that out. Shoot me an email at cndittmar@guildofdarkhaven.org if you are still interested in that livery. Again I will not be uploading this to AVSIM if I do it, as the real life UPS does not fly this AC and there just would not be any demand for it worth the upload.

Guest Knikolaes

Mark,LOL After I posted my first reply to you (about the embarrassing issue I had with the upload) I reread your post and did note -- you do not have the PMDG version yet?It is VERY well worth the investment. PMDG did a gerat job. Did they actually tell you that the flight handling was the same? Must be just me then because I actually do notice a difference between AC when flying between the C and D models. Then again it could be just my loadouts being different for each AC. I go into the CFG files and manually type my loadouts as I like my good loadouts to remain the same.I always fly with the cargo and freight versions at the maximum possible loadout.I have read the history of GLA on their web site as well and yes it is fascinating. I studied their web site because I have applied for that airline before. I graduated airlinecareer.com as a flight attendant and have been working on getting into the aviation industry either by way of being an F/A or a pilot. Unfortunately, bless our country, being a Pilot is NOT recognized as a career so federal Pell Grants, though I do qualify, will NOT cover ATP schools -- period.Thus I do my flying as just a sim pilot and keep at least a grasp of hope that I will at least make it as a flight attendant.For some GREAT feeder activity one aircraft I would very much suggest you look into is Flight1's ATR 72-500. Remember I said Flight1, NOT Eurowings Pro. EW pro is not worth it. More money for AC with no VC and not very much functionality at all in their panels, but the Flight1 ATR 72-500 has aolmost every system simulated and is GREAT to fly.Unfortunately the MODEL has no cargo version -- only passenger -- but that only effects the interior and door opening possibilities. I still fly with a UPS Feeder livery painted on her.But dont forget about that PMDG B1900C -- that as well is VERY much woth the investment.As for this "team speak" -- what the heck is that? A voice program or something? My apologies -- I just never heard of it and when I searched google/MSN and Yahoo after reading your post I got a bunch of links to "teamwork seminars" **chuckles**Anyway, hope some of that helps.Do you also like regional jet routes as well? Flying the Frontier routes is a blast with the CRJ 700 by Feelthere. Only prob is Feelthere's cockpit guages suck unless you have microvision. VERY VERY small to read in the VC - next to impossible. But the ac flys great and the 2D panels are at least readable.

Guest Knikolaes

Okay, all, I hopefully got my self straightened out on the situation and will hopefully be RE-publishing a PMDG B1900D for Great Lakes Aviation, with the help and wonderful forgiving effort of Mr. Steve Tran.Many thanks for understanding my mistake, Sir.And as for that UPS livery for the 1900C, I will try to have one by tomorrow morning. Keep watching the PMDG forum and I will announce it when she goes up.Mark -- if you are interested I am creating a fantasy art fleet for a fictional "Fantasy Airlines" -- I started this just for my own enjoyment, using artwork from the well know Dorian Cleavenger. I sent him an email and if he approves I will be releasing the entire fleet one at a time on AVSIM, but I am waiting for his okay first, because on art such as that ANY publication, to include gaming textures (which covers aircraft in this case) would have to be cleared through copywrites.I will post here when I have the proper textures for Great Lakes Aviation WITH the proper credits included this time released.Again my thanks in advance to Stave Tran for understanding my mistake and my laziness on typing the readme.Chris

Guest UAL1681

I would like to see the Denvers Tenth livery on a 1900D is anyone would do that.

Guest kingairvols

To: Christopher N. Dittmar Avid Simmer and Student PilotHey Chris, I thought I would try and sound all offical and stuff due to the tials and tribulations you have been through. You should have sent all the hate mail eventually to me as it was my Idea to try and get a PMDG 1900D in the "Fly Telluride" paint. Man I am sorry about the idea but am glade to hear it may still be comming. I thought I saw it early AM today then went beck to my DeskTop PC to D/L (aka.. I was on my Lap Top with communications to you and need to D/L on the big pc with the sim and all)and it was not there. So I figured I needed to go get a 12 pack or go to bed. Thus 5 beers later, (kidding, sure ) and I see that I really saw the D/L. I actually put a copy on the lap tops hard drive and will hang on to it prior to flying around with the paint job and making others angry. Even though they would have to have the same re-paint to see me in it, or at least thats what I understand. Yes I have the 1900D and my comments on performance where from an e-mail by PMDG. As I mentioned the real world versions have performance differences as well as the visuals PMDG mirrored. But yea, I will get thge 1900C and hual some frieht. They will have there annualsummer Ski equipment sale durring some of the (almost every week-end) many festivals durring the warm months. They will need extra equipment from the other resorts that experince little traffic durring the summer months and cant move there inventory. OK OK we can get more into this durring some Virtual flights. But yea I will get the 1900C as well.As for the art work of "Ski Telluride", that is why I listed the web site to the airport as they show it in a noce large view. I was also thinking they (the airport) as well as GLA would more than likly grant premission to use the livery as long as you(and me if I can help)make it very clear that the premision asked is for FS and not in any way to be used in a competitive or real world way. After all the guys that made the re-paint, (the ones who contacted you upset, and I can see there point especially as it appears he has folowed the thread and realizes no harm was ment)would have also needed premission to use the art workj from another person. Or I think they would. I know if it was in the real world it would be needed. But as in here "the virtual airplane and all" I am unsure. Reguardless, as you mentioned we can make sure all involved recive proper credit. So the airport web site might give you the picture of the re-paint you need to creat your work.Team Speak is a voice communication program that works in the background. I used to use Roger Wilco a couple years ago then was away for a year and when I came back they (Bush Flying Unlimited, "BFU") listed Team Speak as there choice for verbal communications. On the Avsim site you can see the BFU link and they give very good instructions as well as examples.Hey if that fails we can e-mail each other and you can call me collect till we get Team Speak up and running for you. For what ever reason I am thinking you have a Mic or headphones with a Mic.As I mentioned I am the slowest typist in the world and Team Speak is a free service. Plus I (I only started a few months ago) reall y like having voice communications in the MP format. It seems youy can really accomplish a lot.Give me a head sup here if we need to swap and E-mail or instant message and I am in. I will be around tonight and several hours tomorrow, BTW I guess we can try and find a time on-line using messanger to share e-mails and a phone number if nessesary. Please let me know. It is now 8:00 PM EST and I will check the forum here on the top of the next few hours to see whats up. I've got a bunch of questions on some of the Virtual Airlines.Agian, sorry all the grief came you way, and as mentioned point the finger my way and I will take some of the heat. It was funny though, I saw the upload got it and saved to th e Lap Top then went to the Desk Top to put it into the sim via a D/L there and "walla, it was gone", I thought "man I am having a log day, LOL.Talk with you soon.P.S. and yes I am also intrested in the other Ideas you have. I am all typed out for know. Hope we can jump on-line soon. Do soom Sim Flying.Partner in crime (it seems, LOL)Mark.

Guest Knikolaes

Oh no, no, no, Mark, sorry if I was misunderstood. I did not get any hate mail. I really was in the wrong because I used someone else's artwork and I was so bloody tired that I forgot to include their name in the readme. I rwemembered to type in PMDG's credis bu forgot the other artists involved. I was tired and in too much of a hurry and then when I woke to the email I got I got hit hard by it because I was feeling very bad and gui8lty that I made such an error.In fact not only did I get everything straightened out with the original artist, he was VERY kind enough to send me VERY good textures to replace the old ones with.THus in just a few moments I will be uploading to AVSIM a BETTER set of the Telluride, Dinosaur and Grand Tetons themes. Watch for them up there **smiles**I probably wont mess with the Team Speak as I barely have the time to just type a quick jot then go back to flying or painting LOL. However DO feel more than free to email me at anytime, friend. **smiles**And do keep an eye on AVSIM for the new and improved textures.Chris

Guest Knikolaes

Denver's 10th? Can you send me a link to a photo or source where I may see the tail? Maybe I can give it a try.Chris

Guest kingairvols

Chris, also if you want please send any info on the virtual flying I eally like to sim in the area we have discussed, would also welcome multi-player when ever you may get time.Please inform me on what your e-mail is and I'll send one your way.Thanks.Mark.