Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpbel

keyboard problem

Guest mpbel

Hi guys (and girls?)I am experiencing problems with my keyboard: whilst in flight the assignments seem to change: instead of the + sign increasing the zoom, it all of a sudden extends the speedbrakes. Not something you want you want to have happen while at FL 380.Has anyone experienced this problem and know a solutions?MartinFujitsu SiemensP4 2,4 GHz256 MBAti RadionKBPC MF keyboard

That happens from time to time. Basically, the area with focus changes on you, so the zoom keys are actually set to increment and decrement other things from time to time.The safest thing to do is to always click somewhere outside the plane before you zoom, as this will reset the focus to the view.Hope that helps.-stefan

Guest mpbel

Thanks Stefan, I understand what you are trying to explain, but it is not that. I know that when you change a setting, i.e. transponder by pressing T and + or -, the + and - keys will not simply return to zooming in and out. That is what you explained.This is my problem: I am in the VC and want to call up the ATC menu by pressing ~, it does not pop-up, nothing seems to happen. When I press + to zoom in, it extends the speedbrakes. When I press - it opens a new window. That is the problem that I am facing: my key assingnment is totally screwed up. I don't know what is causing it and don't know how to fix the problem.Any one got any ideas?Martin