Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Wow! Superlative NG experience into KSFO !!

I just flew the PMDG 736 from KSEA to KSFO via a long windy Pacific NW routing that took 3+ hours. Man, what a trip! I had most sliders set to 100% except only 100nm vis and 70 nm clouds and the FS Fair Wx theme. I used FSUIPC to create random cirrus which were breathtaking with my X850XT PE card. FSnav 4.6 was my faithful moving map.I programmed only the FMC PERF INIT, and N1 pages, and then hand flew in step climb up to FL390 and had a blast. I used the FD, and also used the AP for stabilizing at intermediate levels, then LVLCH for further hand fly upwards, AP again, and occasionally deliberately kicked the Pitch or Roll to get into CWS for training purposes. It worked beautifully all the time.The rapid hand-flown step descent into the Bay Area went amazingly well with the FD providing amazingly accurate guidance all the way down. I did a classic approach into KSFO 28L (using Fly Tampa scenery--wow great stuff!!) and at about 500 feet, I spotted an SQ 744 about 1/2 mile ahead of me into 28R--just like real life. I had UT AI on at 50% and the skies and ground were crowded with great traffic !It's the first time I did a complete hand fly down the ILS with hand controlled throttle in the NG, using F keys and throttle lever on the joystick. I was fed up with AUTOLAND (which works incredibly well all the time) and just had to hand fly this puppy. I was accurate to within 2 knots of the Vref+5. The FD was flawless all the way down. I was amazed and profoundly impressed.The final approach was thrilling and the touchdown and rollout was almost as exciting as the AVSIM Denver 737 sim I did last Fall. I rolled out as the SQ Queen was turning onto the hi-speed turnoff. I waved to their crew and pax.Hats off to PMDG for building an unbelievably exciting and accurate NG for MSFS. Words don't do anything close to justice. But thanks a mill anyway !Cheers,JS

Guest Newflyer

While my system pales in comparison to yours, I still experience the same thing. The PMDG bird is absolutely phenomenal, by and large the best plane for FS bar none. Can not WAIT for the queen.

An updated and much more powerful PC has really "made" the PMDG NG for me. It works flawlessly all the time and the visual performance is outstanding with a super hi-end video card. It's like having a new set of retinas and a new forebrain to go with them.Jonathan

so can you elaborate on this new system of yours Jonathan?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

It's a DELL XPS Gen 4, 3.80 Ghz, 1024 RAM, X850XT PE card. No printer, no internet connection, no antivirus/anti spyware, etc. 3 yr. warranty. Bought it at DELL Outlet for half list price.Monitors: DELL 20.1" and 19" LCDs. Run sim on larger monitor at native res of 1600x1200 and FSnavigator and gauages on smaller LCD, res 1280x1024.Most sliders set to full right except for visibility and cloud draw which are 100nm and 70 nm respectively. Frame rate lock at 35.On this rig, FS just works as it's supposed to. It doesn't disappoint in any way and nothing is sub-par. The colors and overall rendering of the sim are extremely good. I get some micro-stutters with a lot of Ultimate Traffic around from time to time, but usually it is smooth in all aspects of flight. It's what I wanted to have 4 years ago but never could.Not having antivirus (I screen all files destined for the XPS for viruses and trojans on a neighboring DELL 8200 system that is connected to the internet) and never connecting it to the internet also helps the sim's performance considerably and also gives me an additional 100MB of RAM for operations. I don't use online weather but frankly I often found that to be destabilizing and difficult to manage because it was changeable and capricious. Jonathan

Guest Knikolaes

I agree with everything in this thread. Awesome pkane and an awesome system makes it even more thrilling. I hand fly a lot as well.P4 3.0 with HT enabled - 800FSBABIT IC7-G Motherboard - 800FSB as well1 GB DDR 400 Kingston HyperX Memory -- soon to be 4 GBnVidia 9800 Ultra 256NO sound card -- no need for it as this mobo has a KILLER sound on it that fully supports my Creative 5.1 surround speakers. I found after taking the sound card out there were a LOT less IRQ conflicts and crashes in the system. And the mobo and processor handle the sound resources amazingly well.PMDG and LDS birds are AWESOME with this setup!!!! And I also have all FlyTampa airports, all Simflyers airports and both ImagineSim airports -- they go great with the Megascenery packages I have as well as USA Roads for realism outside the Mega areas and FS Genesis terrain 10M for the same effect outside the Mega areas.Can we say domestic flying?

I would like to add one more important item to this thread: Hats off to the support folks of this sim, especially Randy Smith and various others like Mats, et al. These people provided the "finishing touches" to a thoroughly beautiful piece of production by PMDG and I am bound to say that absent such forum support, I'd never had made it this far. Well, certainly not in such good condition.Sorry I omitted to mention this in the first instance. The whole package, so to speak, from PMDG through to this forum finish has made the NG a totally wonderful and unforgettable piece of sim education and excitement.Thanks again to all who know who they are!Now back into my -900 cockpit for a sunset FMC arrival into Rome's Fiumicino rwy 25 (simulating a recent real-life business trip!)...Cheers!Jonathan

>Hats off to the support folks of this sim, especially Randy>Smith and various others like Mats, et al. Randy is a very competent guy, also great buddy if one knows him personally. I had a pleasure meeting him recently.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest ronnied

Could you please email me how you set up FS Nav on 2nd Monitor.I now use F9 key sincerelyronnied

You don't actually set FSNav up explicitly on a second monitor. You configure your video card to extend your desktop onto a second (or third) monitor and you can then get FSNav to appear on the second monitor. The process of extending the desktop is actually explained inside the video card settings under your Windows DISPLAY function. Jonathan