Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nijal

Problems with 737NG file

Guest Nijal

Hello everybody,I wonder if anyone had this problem:Just purchased the 737NG (yesterday), downloaded it (no problem) but..when I try to extract the executable file (pmdg_737_the_next_generation_v1-3.exe) I get this error in Winzip :"bad CRC 810d847b (should be b835d098)"I have tried to download the file 3 times, always with the same result.In my opinion it seems that the compressed file is not the correct size that it should be, when it is extracted.I'm using Windows 2000 Sp4 and Winzip 7.0 sr1.I have sent a message to customer support and waiting for an answer, still I thought that I might try for some help on the forum (hope this is the right place).Thanks for any help :)Mike

Try clearing your browser cache and trying again - if you don't clear the cache, it won't necessarily download a new copy of the file and will keep giving you the corrupted one it did download.-stefan

Guest Nijal

I made a search in the forum (should have done that before posting, soz about that) and I found the solution: just use winrar to decompress the file. I'm glad that I found the help, but in my humble opinion, this should be mentioned somewhere before downloading the package :)Thanks for your help.Mike