Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Modifying FMC flightplans without numbering endlessly...

Each time I load a saved flightplan and modify it and then re-save it, it is saved as if it were another or new flightplan. The FMC just allocates the next number up in sequence and adds the flightplan to the existing flightplan database. Today I made a flightplan EGLL-LIRF and saved it; then I modified it and re-saved it, and now I have two FMC flightplans for the route. I actually wanted to just re-save the modified flightplan and have that one plan in the FMC data base.Is it supposed to work this? Am I doing something wrong or not doing something at all?Appreciate advice, thanks!Jonathan

Jonathan,If you enter a filename in the scratchpad before you save your flightplan, the FMC will use that name and, I think, overwrite if it already exists. Worth a try anyhoo! ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest glenb

I save my flight plans by entering a name on the scratch pad and then hit save on the route page. Example; a plan from Phoenix to Las Vegas would be named PHX LAS. Spaces can be used. If I want to modify a flight plan and overwrite the original I enter the same name in the scratch pad and save. It overwrites the original.By putting a name in the scratch pad you can have custom names and not the naming convection that adds the number at the end. Remember though if you want to have a second plan you need to give it a unique name.Hope this helps.

OK gentlemen, I'll try that. (Now why on earth did I not think of something simple like that mesself?!)Jonathan